Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug User exit "EXIT_SAPLV56K_002"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav written my code inside this EXIT_SAPLV56K_002, for outbound delivery Idoc in order to modify some segments in the DELVRY03.

Can any one let me know how to debug the user exit. I have set the break-point inside user_exit, but it is nt getting stop over there.

Thanks

shilpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Shilpa,

Please try the below steps.

1) Put a break point in user exit.

2) While creating a outbound delivery you need to select the output in Extras->delivery output->header  and enter the required output type and select the option "Send with application own transaction" in further data tab.

3) Now you need to execute the report program 'SD70AV2A' in se38 and specify the output type and execute(F8) and now it will trigger your breakpoint.

Regards,

K.Srikanth Reddy

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

check any one condition before user exit

it might skip

and check the enhacement is active or not

Regardfs,

siva chalasani

former_member386202
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should stop, have u activated ur user exit????

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in user exit we have include command

go to that in that write like

<b>Break-point.</b>

now it wil moves to debugging mode

Regards

kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ...project is active for this enhancement....can any one let me know when this user_exit get triggered.

i mean i hav to go in which transaction or from where i can hit this user_exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE ONLY ERROR HERE IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE CODED WITHIN THE EXIT BUT YOU HAVE NOT ACTIVATED THE PROJECT OR EXIT..

SO YOUR CODE IN EXIT IS NOT CALLED SO THEREFORE NOT EXECUTED.

ACTIVTE URR EXIT AND THINGS WILL GO SMOOTH

NO REWARDS PLZ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ...project is active for this enhancement....can any one let me know when this user_exit get triggered.

i mean i hav to go in which transaction or from where i can hit this user_exit.

0 Kudos

Hi,

ur exit is called in FUNCTION MODULE " IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY" at this statement PERFORM CUSTOMER_FUNCTION_002 USING lv_segnam.

Put a break point this FM and try..

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav activated Zinclude inside my User_Exit "EXIT_SAPLV56K_002" and the project for this is also active.

In order todebug this uder_exit, i have set and Break-point insside Zinclude.

then i go to VL01n transaction i.e i m trying to create delivery and i m saving that delivery.

But this user_exit is not getting triggred.

Can any one let me know what i have to do fot debugging of this User_exit.

Thanks,

shilpa

0 Kudos

Hi,

ur exit is called in FUNCTION MODULE " IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY" at this statement PERFORM CUSTOMER_FUNCTION_002 USING lv_segnam.

Put a break point this FM and try..

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check any conditions were there in the code before the user exit triggres

put a breakpoit some lines before the exit

check if it is reaching the exit or not

as per my knowledge some conditions were skipping the exit

check those things

Regards,

siva chalasani

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is it thhe correct thing which i m doing..i mean at the time of saving of delivery through VL01n transaction, this user_exit will be triggered.

0 Kudos

which transaction i have to use to trigger this user_exit.

0 Kudos

Hi shilpa,

This idoc type is triggered for outbound delivery. Go to partner profile WE20 and check for message type DESADV. Double click that and you will find the idoc type as DELVRY03. Click the message control tab and you should find for which output type this particular idoc is triggered. For example output type LAVA, and you can find the process code next to it.. Double click and put a break point if you wish to debug. In this case since its a outboud delivery try VL03N for a PGI or try changing a delivery. in NACE trasaction for application V2 you would find the output type configuration too..

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

Try to debugg in background mode. You must enter a sentence where it will stopped. (like While 1 =1 , or something like that) then enter to SM50 choose you process and Menu Administration->Program->Debugging.

Good luck

Cesar

A-J-S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put a hard break point inside the exit and check whether its stopping or not.

If its not stopping means its not executed at all. You have to back track it through the FM which has the include by where used list and check its calling conditions.

Former Member

Hi Shilpa,

Please try the below steps.

1) Put a break point in user exit.

2) While creating a outbound delivery you need to select the output in Extras->delivery output->header  and enter the required output type and select the option "Send with application own transaction" in further data tab.

3) Now you need to execute the report program 'SD70AV2A' in se38 and specify the output type and execute(F8) and now it will trigger your breakpoint.

Regards,

K.Srikanth Reddy

0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Awesome reply! Just exactly what i was looking for. Your suggestion works perfectly.

Thanks

Aspire