Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph in a subscreen area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do you create a graph in a subscreen?

I checked out transaction GRAL but all the graph charts popup in a separate screen.

Moreover I do not want the BOXES internal table attached to the chart. How do you suppress this functionality? Because in it's place I need an ALV tree instead.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the CL_GUI_CHART_ENGINE or GFW to do this.

1. Create a container

2. Create a Config XML (You can use the Chart designer)

3. Create a data xml

4. Create an instance of the above class in the container

5. Render the chart.

Let me know if you need more details.

Albert

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the CL_GUI_CHART_ENGINE or GFW to do this.

1. Create a container

2. Create a Config XML (You can use the Chart designer)

3. Create a data xml

4. Create an instance of the above class in the container

5. Render the chart.

Let me know if you need more details.

Albert

0 Kudos

Yes!

And if you wonder what the chart designer is and where to find it have a look at the SDN downloads section (WebAS). Then you will also get a documentation about the data XML.

Regards, Kai

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Very helpful, but this presents a new problem.

The chart data is not static, I need to refresh the graph when data is changed.

The Gantt chart generated by the Chart Designer is an XML file that is very very huge to code into abap using the IF_XML_ELEMENT classes as per sample program GRAPHICS_GUI_CE_DEMO.

So I would like to use the XML file as a template in my dialog program and change it when the data changes. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

the basic idea is to create the customizing XML interactively using the Chart Designer. Do not try to code this with the iXML classes in ABAP. Instead save the XML in the MIME repository or somewhere on the database and load it at runtime.

If you need to change some parts of the customizing at runtime it's possible to send an additional (second) customizing XML created using iXML for overwriting some special tags only (e.g. the title).

And last but not least you have to create the data dynamically but this shouldn't be a problem - compared to the customizing XML

Regards, Kai