cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro and ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of making modifications to the Web Dynpro components of ESS for ERP 5.0.

Within the ReviewView of the essusbank WD component I need to be able to determine whether I am on the "Review and Save" step or the "Completed" step of the Roadmap.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Take care,

Sleater

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sleater,

Can you please tell me the changes you are trying to make. There might be some more easier way to do it.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copied from previous posts

Hi Sasi,

You have to first install the JDI and configure the same.

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/ee3441d95dd92be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Next check the OSS Note 872892. This contains JDI Cookbook for ESS and the steps needed for modifying the Standard ESS scenarios.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubahm and Raju

We dont have JDI setup here. Is there no way that we can import the SAP delivered ESS WebDynpro Applications, make changes to them and redeploy those applications back to the system?

Is there any cookbook which tells the steps in doing so?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

I think SAP strongly recommends JDI route as the applications are safe guarded against upgrades.

However, you may want to try copying the applications directly to your local pc and modifying them and then redploying the applications. There are two ways here, one directly deploying the application in orginal local location or leaving the deployment in /local folder on server. Then you can create iView which points to your modified development.

In similar situations as I am now(we are getting JDI configured next week), I am bespoking the iViews where major changes are involved. As I could not get web dynpro source, I used jad to decompile the classes to get the java source code and then re-using some of the code.

Hope the above helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

Could you let me know the exact place I need to look for web dynpro source codes in ECC server.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju

Log into your WebDynpro Console of the ECC systemand then you can see all the ESS/MSS webDynpro applications there.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

I can see the applications from there. But I would like to go to source code. I have access to physical server and it helps me to go to source code to re-engineer some of the code.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

I dont understand your question. Since you have the access to the ECC Server, then you can navigate through the system and get to the code. I guess you can import that file system into your NetWeaver Developer Studio.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

Thanks for your reply. I could not find the source codes for the iViews I needed on the server even after searching.

Any way, this weekend, we got JDI installed and I will try to configure and get the source codes directly into my NWDS.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Do you have access to the webDynpro console of your ECC system? If so, you can find the webDynpro application name and then you can search in the file system based on the application name.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the RoadMap.selectedStep property is bound to an attribute in the view controller context, then this attribute contains the ID of the selected step.

If your code has access to the view controller context, you can read the value of this attribute to get the selected step.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are trying to customize some of the ESS iViews. Our HR is in ECC 5.0. So all our webDynpro Applications reside in ECC 5.0 system. We tried to find out the WebDynpro application from the WebDynpro Console. Based on the name of the application we were able to find the application file system (code) in the ECC.

Now my question is whats the best way to modify those SAP delivered WebDynpro apps. How do i import it to NetWeaver Developer Studio and how do i redeploy the changed app?

Is there any document to do all these steps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi