cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit variable via WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have some performance problems with an IP planning application. We have a webtemplate with a TAB strip item on it. Each tab has a different querie. We have a generic selection area on top of the template where we can select year, version , company etc. Behind each dropdown we have set a standard command SET_VARIABLE_STATE which fills the variable use in the queries. The problem is that this standard command activates all (about 12!) queries. This is normal behavior according to SAP. A way to solve this could be to use user exit variables instead. The question now is, how can we fill this user exit variable via the dropdown item? It is possible to select a script function instead of the default commands (after having selected a dropdown item). However, it is not clear how to use that and if that is the way to achieve the filling of the variable.

Can someone help me?

Thanks and best regards,

Constantijn Pietersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I get your requirement correctly, when you select a value in drop down box, all 12 queries(say there are 12 tabs) are getting executed. More drop downs, more times the queries are executed. If so, remove the commands from the drop downs.

Use a button say 'GO'. Choose the values from required drop downs and only when you click this GO, pass the variable values to the queries using standard commands like 'SET FILTER VALUE'. You will configure the actions on the button click rather than the drop downs.

Thanks,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Thanks for your feedback. Your scenario has been on our list. The reason why we did not choose this scenario is the fact that when changing a dropdown (E.g. year or company) you will then still be looking at the old values untill the moment you press the GO button. In our current setup it is dynamically build up which results unfortunately in the performance issue but you will always be looking at the correct data.

Your scenario would be ok if it would be possible in WAD to check on certain situations. E.g. I have also worked a lot with Visual Basic and with VB it is possible to disable or enable buttons dynamically based on certain situations (changing dropdowns etc.). I don't see this functionality in WAD. I only know about setting webitem parameters but that is static.

Thanks and best regards,

Constantijn Pietersen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls share your solution here?

Many Thanks,

Sam