cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TMS of Netweaver 6.40 nw4 trial abap on suse 9.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have set up TMS some time before on windows machines. Had no problems back then. But now i can't manage to solve the following problem.

My tp transdir is linked correctly to /usr/sap/trans. Also tp pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/ is correct. The test tool of tms says the everything is allright and i can see only green lights :). But I'm not able to import files, wether via command line nor via gui, it simply can't find the data and cofiles in the directory.

Can anyone out there tell me in detail how he brought his tms to life in WEB AS 6.40 linux trial? The theoretical part is clear to me, and i know that it should work theoretically the way i made my settings, i only need a practical instruction what to do, where to click

Thanks in advance, Knut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Knut,

have you copied the K* files to /usr/sap/trans/cofiles, and the R* files to /usr/sap/trans/data? If so, and both folders belong to <sid>adm, then you can import then via the /nstms transaction. When you are on the Import Queue screen, -> Extras -> Other Requests -> Add. In the drop down box, the transports you just copied on filesystem level, should be accessible then.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folder and files are both owned by nw4adm. If I select Extras-> Other Requests

-> Add, the system tells me that it couldn't find anything. In my opinion tms should be set up correctly, i got a logical system for exports, the paths to profile and transdir are correct, the settings are distributed to all system, conncectivity test says everthing's ok. In Netweaver 7.0 abap windwos i had to to release the diretory sap as sapmnt in network, maybe there exists another directory /trans in the linux file system or a soft link should be set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello knut,

Can you look for the latest log into /usr/sap/trans/log, and paste here if there's some error info? (or information about your concrete request...)

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Knut,

goto transaction al11. There your directories are shown as they are known to SAP. Is the directory DIR_TRANS set correctly?

What have you entered exactly as transportrequest in Extras -> Other Requests -> Add?

Perhaps you have the wrong name? It's not the physical name of the file. For example: Filename ist: KW70012.SAP and the corresponding transport requests is SAPKW70012.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

al11 seems to be a good idea, i'll check this out this evening as soon as I arrive home. I always used the proper name for a transport request with sysid as header.