cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the system Determine the usage in item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How the system Determine the usage in item category determination to use which item category and also where to assign this usage .

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Sukalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

Also check the item usage in the Customer material Info record in control data Tab. The usage given here is used in item category determination.

CHAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your help.

Can u give me thr transaction code of Menu path to find out this.

Regards,

Sukalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The usage is used to determine the ITEM CATEGORY, it is maintained in CMIR ,.

Usage This is primarily used for text items to go with the standard item.

For ex. repairs for a material.

For Free Goods Usage is free

Well in Cusotmer material info record which is Tcode VD51, you enter the details, and then enter the material and double click on the line item you will see item usage as the last field.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot

BR

Sukalyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sukalyan

In <b>VOV4</b>, the "<i>Usage</i>" is determined from Customer Material (<b>VD53</b>) Info Record under "Control Data" tab.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukalyan,

The usage is assigned in the sales document. Check in [VA01] or [VA02]. It is the usage that is entered here that is used for the item category determination.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb