cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number and equipment number

Former Member
0 Kudos

can somebody tell me how do we assign serial number to thematerial,

what exactly a serial number mean, is it an indiavidual produced material or what

where does the equipment number come into picture.

please can some body explain how do we relate serial number, equipment number with the material

thanks in advance

rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Serial numbers are required for unique identification of the material. before the goods issue happens and the material is despatched, the material is scanned for the serial number.

Serial numbers are maintained for a material which is picked scanning of the serial number. (to see the serial number for a particular material, go to MMBE and enter the material and execute. Click on the batch, Go to environment and say display serial numbers). The serial numbers can be created in IQ01 for a material and the status of the serial number can be seen in IQ03. ECUS represents that the material is sold, ESTO represents that the material ia in stores and AVLB represents that the number is available.

For a combination of material and serial number, there is an equipment number. Th equipment number can be created in IE01 and can be viewed in IE03.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

The serial number is nothing but a unique code of material which is used in SAP to identify the particular material.

e.g:- LG laptop is a a product then you can create LGLAPTOP as material

There will be thousands of LG laptop produced.So how to identify the unique one in SAP we will generate a Serial number.

This serail number profile is assinged in material master.

So for furthur processing serial number will be the Refernce key.

I hope you got the point.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks that you replied amrish,

can you just tell me where is the use of equipment number, if i have to service the material laptop how do i need to configure

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Then you will have link the material with Equipent.(IE01 create equipment)

Equipment concept is generaly used in CS and PM as you have asked for the Service industry to MAP.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amrish,

the assignment which i am going to be given is sd and cs module concept of am automobile ancillary, can u just throw a picture how is dne if u have any use ful document regarding the same will be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry dear no such document is with me atleast....

But it can be done once we have the exact bussiness requirements.

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srikanth,

the business scenario is manufacturing of trailers and the trailers have warranty period for servicing, i need map this scenario exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why no body is replying to this question,

pl send if somebody has any notes on this

thanks

rajan