cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate from BSP Application to an iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clear and briefly I just want to know:

How can I achieve the portal navigation out of the BSP application?

It is related to HAP_DOCUMENT:

I am using a custom overview WebDynpro application. Out of the overview the user can create a new document in the BSP application HAP_DOCUMENT. This is done with portal navigation from WD for ABAP to BSP Application HAP_DOCUMENT. If the user chooses to leave the document the method IF_HTMLB_EVENT~BUTTON_CLICK and consquently EVENT_LEAVE_PAGE of class CL_BSP_HAP_DOCUMENT_UI is called. There I want to make a modification so that the user is redirected back to my WebDynpro application.

Other question I have

1. Is there anything to worry about if leave the BSP application within the method IF_HTMLB_EVENT~BUTTON_CLICK?

2. Is there a workaround to the modification?

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In method "EVENT_LEAVE_PAGE " call below code based on your condition:

navigation->goto_page(  'your_webdynpro_url_here' ).

This will solve the issue.

<i>1. Is there anything to worry about if leave the BSP application within the method IF_HTMLB_EVENT~BUTTON_CLICK?</i>

if you leave the BSP, nothing to worry apart of lossing your data in BSP , may be.

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the <bsp:portalNavigation> is needed, navigation->goto_page still shows the WD inside the portal but actually it is outside. You can see it easily if you define your own CSS in the portal. With navigation->goto_page you end up with SAP standard styles, with <bsp:portalNavigation> everything works great.

Answers (0)