Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problems with Web Dynpro EJB Models

Hi Experts,

I am having problems with Web Dynpro EJB Models when created from CAF Application Services. I have created a CAF entity service, called 'Customer', and a CAF application service, called 'CustomerApp'. When creating the EJB model in my Web Dynpro DC, on the screen where I am supposed to select the 'Enterprise Beans and interfaces', I have duplicates of both the Customer bean and CustomerApp bean. Another problem is that the Customer bean has two methods named 'lock' and two methods named 'unlock' (which I did not create). I can only create the model if I go and manually unselect one 'lock' and one 'unlock' method.

Also, I'm unable to get my model to work in my Web Dynpro application. I followed the tutorial on <a href="">EJB3 Web Dynpro Integration</a>, however, I'm unsure of how to access individual elements when your service returns a collection instead of a single entity? Also, what if your service requires input parameters? Whenever I try and add them directly to the modelObject I receive a nullpointer exception.

In 7.0 we could call and assign Application Services to Model objects directly in the code. Is this still possible or do all service calls need to occur through a model node in the web dynpro context?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question