cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:: Web Methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I need information regarding Web Methods> My main question is I need a step by step procedure with screen shots how to convert

" Storefront Data into XML " using Web Methods.

Also provide any Documents regarding Web Methods .

Please confirm the difference between a Web Service and a Web Methods?

Thanks,

Amar Srinivas Eli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya I got an idea reg that now little bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya I got an idea reg that now little bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1065cf90-0201-0010-3db5-b280f48d...

Invoking WebServices using XI

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

webMethods, which was founded in 1996, is a company that provides business process integration software. SAP and webMethods partnered in 1999 to release a rebadged version of Integration Server as SAP Business Connector to provide integration abilities with SAP. In 1998 Microsoft and webMethods teamed up to produce XQL, a query language for XML.

So it is just like SAP XI ...By some other vendor...

Regarding, <b>Web Service :</b>

The term Web services describes a standardized way of integrating Web-based applications using the XML, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI open standards over an Internet protocol backbone. XML is used to tag the data, SOAP is used to transfer the data, WSDL is used for describing the services available and UDDI is used for listing what services are available. Used primarily as a means for businesses to communicate with each other and with clients, Web services allow organizations to communicate data without intimate knowledge of each other's IT systems behind the firewall.

Unlike traditional client/server models, such as a Web server/Web page system, Web services do not provide the user with a GUI. Web services instead share business logic, data and processes through a programmatic interface across a network. The applications interface, not the users. Developers can then add the Web service to a GUI (such as a Web page or an executable program) to offer specific functionality to users.

Web services allow different applications from different sources to communicate with each other without time-consuming custom coding, and because all communication is in XML, Web services are not tied to any one operating system or programming language. For example, Java can talk with Perl, Windows applications can talk with UNIX applications.

Web services do not require the use of browsers or HTML.

Web services are sometimes called application services.

<b>

I think just like SAP XI ,Web methods will convert automatically Storefront data into XML..Check this....Bcoz its the duty of Integration Tool</b>

With Regards,

Vidya

************REWARD WITH POINTS IF FOUND USEFUL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

thanks for your post. It is very well discussed.

Regards

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check this thread

If u want more information Give me u r mail id. I will send doc on Webmonths before EOD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Sridhar,

My Mail ID is Amarsrinivas_Eli@satyam.com

Kindly send all information and documents regarding Web Methods and How it is useful to SAP XI to this mail ID.

Amar Srinivas Eli