SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of the fields in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I would like to know the following fields and the importance in IS-OIL specific view.

Density / Gravity and Conv.coeff -- The F1 help says if the Conversion Group used as chemical, this field is mandatory. I would like to where this field will be reflecting in further transactions.

Transfer sign -- The F1 Help says You can activate a material for two-step plant-to-plant transfer tracking with the transfer sign. The following settings are possible:

' ' - no tracking available 1 - only statistical tracking 2 - tracking with gain/loss postings, but without mentioning this also we can track through MB51.

I would appreciate if any one would give me the usage of above fields.

Thanks,

PKM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Friends,

> I would like to know the following fields and the importance in IS-OIL specific view.

>

> Density / Gravity and Conv.coeff -- The F1 help says if the Conversion Group used as chemical, this field is mandatory. I would like to where this field will be reflecting in further transactions.

>

> Transfer sign -- The F1 Help says You can activate a material for two-step plant-to-plant transfer tracking with the transfer sign. The following settings are possible:

> ' ' - no tracking available 1 - only statistical tracking 2 - tracking with gain/loss postings, but without mentioning this also we can track through MB51.

>

> I would appreciate if any one would give me the usage of above fields.

>

> Thanks,

> PKM

Hi Prakash,

I guess its too late to reply nevertheless....

There is something called quantity conversion.

As oil's volume is dependant on temperature the more the temperature the higher the volume.

Hence invoicing in IS Oil is done after PGI only the standard condition is known as L15 (lites unit at 15 centigrade).

Now due to tempertature variation the quantity PGId might change from sales order which ultimately increases the payable hence Excise duty.

It is for this conversion that we need Density Gravity Conversion group and Conversion coeficient are required.

Conv coeff is the propoartinality constant by which the volum should be multiplied to reach the correct volume depending on the temperature.

It is very important for quantity conversion generally dealt by Hydrocarbon Management team.

This was for Conv Coeff.

Reward if Helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Swarup

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply and it really helped me.

Also I would like to know the importance of the field Transfer sign. It will be helpful if you through some lights on this.

Regards,

PKM

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Abhishek,

> Thanks for the reply and it really helped me.

> Also I would like to know the importance of the field Transfer sign. It will be helpful if you through some lights on this.

>

> Regards,

> PKM

Hi Prakash,

Here is the explanation for transfer sign

(which is found in oil specific data):

The system performs gain and loss postings automatically at goods issues and receipts that belong to a single tracking number.

The gain or loss is defined as follows:

Stock increase/stock loss = goods issue quantity - goods receipt quantity of all goods receipts

If the result is negative, meaning that the goods issue quantity is smaller than the goods receipt quantity for all goods receipts, the system creates a gain posting.

If the result is positive, meaning that the goods issue quantity is larger than the goods receipt quantity for all goods receipts, the system creates a loss posting.

As soon as a gain or loss occurs, the system updates the valuation record for the material to reflect the increase in quantity or the loss in quantity at the receiving plant.

Basic Settings:

You define the basis for calculation for the gain and loss determination in Customizing. The following options exist as a basis for calculation for the gains and losses:

● The material price at the receiving plant

● The material price at the issuing plant at the time at which the gain or loss occurs

● The material price at the issuing plant at the time of the goods issue

● The condition record for the material

Request you to reward points if helpful...

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the answer, which is really helpful.

Can you please provide me the configuration path, where the Gain/Loss postings are configured. Is it different from MM Configuration?

Suitable points have been awarded.

Thanks and Regards,

PKM