cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps within Exception branch / Handler

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to send an Alert message or close a S/A bridge within an Exception branch (handler) and none of these seems to works.

Do any steps work at all in exception branch. Can we do some clean up work before the exception handler does its thing.

A bit more on what I'm trying to do.

1. Open S/A bridge via HTTP

2. Transform source to target message of RFC type

3. Make an RFC call in a branch with Exception handler and my exception is ABAP_Abend. We can call over 100 different ABAP programs via the RFC FM based on the data type and some programs Abend in SAP/target system

4.If RFC is successful, map response to HTTP response and this works fine

5. If RFC fails due to ABAP_Abend, I would like to close S/A bridge which waits indefinitely otherwise and send an alert message (via steps in exception handler). But this does not seem to work.

Any ideas on how to take care of some clean up work before the system does the exception handling.

Thank you for your responses.

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have tried few steps like Container Operation, Mapping steps in the exception branch of BPM and found these to be working fine. But our's was not a S/A bridge.

Regrads

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use the S/A bridge and exception branch to trigger alerts upon error during synchronous calls. Our process gets terminated and the alerts are thrown upon exception. But we do not use RFC - we make http calls to third-party systems.

I am not familiar with the ABAP-Abend. In case of Abend, do you still get a response back from the RFC? If you still get a response from RFC, you need to inspect the response (switch step is one way of doing it) and raise the exception to transfer the control to the exception branch.

Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Just curious - Exceptions always rolls back data. What do you with these operations. Do you send Alert message. I'm trying to send Alert message using container operation followed by control step to Throw Alert. And this does not work.

Thanks,

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

What SP are you on. I've all kinds of steps in Exception handler and it does not work. We are on SP12.

Thank you,

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

FYI..Alerts work outside the exception block. What SP are you on.

Thank you,

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on SP12. BTW, I use container operation to assign value and throw alert in the subsequent control step. It works for me. In the process monitor, do you see the green line on your exception branch? In other words, did you verify if your process going into the exception branch at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Good lead. I will look into it right now. Thanks.

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actully idea was to capture failed RFC message using container operation in the exception branch and write it to a another file outside exception block.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand / Suresh,

I looked at PE and I found out the exception branch was not being called. After looking into a bit more, I had not assigned the right fault message.

It works now.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Parimala