cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following this link to configure the fields .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/essPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification&

I have couple of questions .. In this document there is diagram which shows abt calling Input_conversion and output_conversion on the BADI .. who exactly calls this methods . do we call it from the webdynpro .. or will it be called internally when we call a BAPI which uses this particulate screen structure as input parameter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my knowledge goes this is applicable to PA related services.

For working time we have other badis as the FMs used in other applications are different but you can cross check with other experts too.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the methods / classes are part of the NITF (New Infotype Framework) - Decoupled Infotypes. Its a new way to design an Infotype. Basically it does have 3 levels:

1 - UI (User Interface): ESS/Web Dynpro / Classic dynpro etc

2 - Business Logic

3 - data storage

I hope this helps

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you can find more infos about decoupled infotypes

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/43/a503b963161bbfe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klein,

Thanks for the reply .. i have already gone through this link .The question i have is how & When the INPUT_CONVERSION and OUTPUT_CONVERSION methods gets called on the conversion class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

...via DC ess~per

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

we are using EP6.0 .. do we still have these methods in ESS for EP6.0

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not a matter of the ESS, but whether the Infotype in question is decoupled or not. If you have a decoupled Infotype, e.g. Address Infotype, the input/output conversion are even called when you work via transaction PA30. The ESS is just another UI for the same business logic.

To answer your question, yes with ERP2004, SAP started to convert Infotypes to the NITF.

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Klein,

Thanks for your reply .. i couldn't find any methods INPUT_CONVERSION & OUTPUT-CONVERSION in my webdynpro applications , can you please point me to the location where these methods are called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapuser

The methods are available in the badi HRPAD00INFTYUI under an interface IF_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI.

This badi is called in the function module HRXSS_PER_EDIT_0006_XX or pa30 transaction.

So you may not find the methods in your java webdynpro code.

does this answers your query please.

If not do reply.

Message was edited by:

Barin Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desai,

Thanks for your reply . Will the same badi be called for all the Conversions or will there be one BADI for every conversion class. And more over will the conversion class (CL_EX_HRPAD00INFTYUI) be called from the BADI??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapuser,

the same badi will be called for all conversions. Parameter "screen_structure_name" will have the structure name which can be used to classify the services.

Regards,

Arul

PS: We say thanks by awarding points to helpful answers!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we have the same frame work for ( UI Decoupled frame work) for all the screens in ESS , or is it available only for certain screens.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the NITF (Decoupled Infotypes) is only available for PA related ESS services, excluding Leave Request, as this works totaly differently.

(Hint: IT 2002/2001 isnt yet decoupled anyway)

regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I've done a runtime analysis on PA30 transaction creating a new record and i've noticed that HRPAD00INFTYUI is never called.

What i've checked here is that the only code related to NITF (New Infotype Framework) that is called is:

Perform IS_INFOTYPE_DECOUPLED

which only performs check validations (not UI_CONVERSION classes).

Can you perform UI_CONVERSION of the NITF on your custom infotypes using PA30?

Will it be a version problem? I'm using ECC 6 with enh. package 03.

Can you help me?