cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load_sys failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have restored a db on new server and have successfully restored the db and its in WARM state( DBM 7.3 build 20).

As per the procedure, after restoriing the db, second thing is to load sys table, using Load_sys command. But after running the command I am getting the error sqluser73.dll is not registered.

I tried to register the dll, but somehow not getting registered

regsvr32 C:\sapdata\SDB\pgm\sqluser73.dll

fails.

Do we need to load the system table after restoring the database?

Do it will hamper the db in long run? Can I go ahead without loading the system table?

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

-> Please overview "Overview of the Commands for Database Operation"

at http://www.sapdb.org/htmhelp/f6/f856d5469c11d4aa1100a0c9430730/content.htm

Load the System Tables - load_systab

You run the Homogeneous system copy with MaxDB (SAP DB) using Backup/restore procedure, in the target database instance after the restore finished =>.

load the system tables in the target system using the following command:

Version 7.5 or lower:

dbmcli -d <database_name> -u <dbm_user>,<password> load_systab -u <sysdba_user>,<password> -ud <domain_user_password>

(For example, with the default users/passwords >: dbmcli -d SDB -u control,control

load_systab -u superdba,admin -ud domain)

-> You have the quit old database version. Are you planning the database upgrade ??

-> See info at www.sapdb.org -> SAP DB 7.3

-> Complete documentation available at http://maxdb.sap.com/currentdoc/default.htm

-> Basic Information -> Administration -> Backing Up and Restoring ->

Restoring the Database Instance

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the document of 7.3 and it has mentioned that if you have restored the Instance then only you require to Load the sys tables. For normal Restoring it does not require to load the tables. But then also why the error comes?