cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM : How I could enter valid to date for BOM component..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear friends,

BOM : How I could enter valid to date for BOM component..

Regards,

Thombare

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N Thombare

Please revert whether it worked or not or else close the thread

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you need to use ECM.First create a change no. using cc01 and put the valid from date as the date from when BOM component validity ends.Then with reference to this change no. go to CS02 and select that BOM component and delete that.Then when u got to CS02/CS03 you can see the valid to date of the bom component has been changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thnks for reply

But valid to date in my BOM is 31.12.9999.

when I Insert any comp. it will keep set valid to 31.12.9999

regds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you insert a component on 30.12.2007, it will take validity upto 31.12.9999.

But your old material material valid effective reduce to 29.12.2007

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thombare,

you cannot give valid to date for Bom components, becuase it is always set default as (31.12.9999) by system.

Using change Number u can change existing component validity dates, as our friends suggested.

suppose u have created BOM for X (Header material) with components Y effective from 1.11.2007 to 31.12.1999.

u want to change the BOM by changing Component Z, same has to be effective from 1.01.2008,

Then create ECN with valid from date 1.01.2008, and create 2nd alternative BOM with reference to ECN for header material (X), Now this New BOM will come into effective from 1.01.2008, Old BOM validity ends with 31.12.2007.

regards

Pradeep

Regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnks

But system not reducing the BOM validaity

regd,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will not show the reduced date. But it will take the right BOM, after the effective date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using ECM; u can change valid from date <b>but valid to date remains as it is....i.e. 31.12.9999........</b> irrespective of alternatives u create

It will not change valid to date......as it is picked up by default by the system.....U may try with the procedure given by other experts......& revert if it changes...

Rgds