cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple deployment in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is multiple deployment in webdynpro is possible .Can multiple users deploy at the same time in WAS .

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cant do a parallel deployment on one server.there must be only one active deployment to be done. there is a way where you can deploy more than one EAR file on to the server

1) Deploy and create archive in local system

2) Copy that generated EAR to the server

3) Using SDM you can deploy more than one EAR file at a time

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks a lot for the reply .Can we use multiple models inside the same webdynpro project .If yes then is it a good practice to do that or we shoyld do it through public part DCs .

Thanks a lot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) You can use multiple models in your project .

2) If you want to reuse a WD Component in a totally different development then you should build your component within a WD Development Component

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks a lot for the reply . In my project there is a requirement that the pop up windows should be movable . The user can drag them any where on the screen after deploying . i am using SAP NETWEAVER 2004 with windows xp .

Is it possible to achive this in the current settings .

Thanks a lot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=7024416&messageID=2150110">Go through this thread</a>

Warm Regards

Chaitanya.A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No users can't deploy simultaneously. It will result into an error stating that there is already an active session on the server.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muturz,

Thanks a lot for the reply . Can you tell me how is connection pooling done in webdynpro .If multiple users (End users suppose) access one data at a time then how it is done .

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I got your questoin correctly then you want to know how will multiple users access the application at the same time.

Once you application is deployed on the server, n number of users can access it but they will have their own context data to work around with the application.

Regards,

Murtuza