Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load from datastream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

i just wondering,

IF in SEM BCS for company XX, I maintain Local Currency=USD, Group Currency = USD

But in R/3 , for company XX, I maintain LC = SGD, GC=USD.

When I do the load from datastream, is it possible to map Group currency in R/3 = Local Currency in BCS?

Thanks for your advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member588240
Contributor
0 Kudos

Source Data Basis is the Info cube where the extrated GL data is stored.

Please find out where the info cube is maintained. If it is in the same BW instance, you do not need RFC connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi U 1( 2 times)

You are reporting 2 issues.

1. 0BCS_APRCTR

2. RFC

1. 0BCS_APRCTR is ( partner profit center). This is used by 0BCS_C11. Hence you need to go to business content > activate this infoobject. Tell your BW guys to do it, incase you are taking care of only SEM.

2. Once you fix the 0BCS_APRCTR try to generate the data basis and see if the RFC error is still coming.

If it is still coming, check if you have given any RFC specification in the ' Source Data basis' . If your BCS and BW are in the same system, then you don;t need to specify any RFC.

Hence after changes do the regeneratin of the data basis.

let me know if my above points solved the issue or if it was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thanks to everyone for replying,

The source databasis can be saved when I remove the RFC Connection.

It seems that the same points (example : points=6) only can be assigned two times? Is it right? Coz, After second time assigned 6 points, I cannot assigned 6 points to another guy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

10 points - 1 time,

6 points - 2 times,

2 points- as many as you want.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your RFC connection refers to your source of data on BW. If BCS is installed on the same server that your BW source data is on, then you can leave the RFC connection blank. Note that when you use Load From Datastream you are loading data from a BW infocube, not R/3.

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally it is possible, but ensure that decimals of source and target currency are equal. Particulary some gulf currency has 3 decimals.

In the data stream mapping> select move> and select the source field mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your info Mani.

I have to test it first. Now I am moving to set the configuration for "Load from datastream".

Could you share step by step to set the it?

for example, how to create the source data basis.

-Can I have "info provider" which is same with Data basis? (In data basis, I am using cube : 0BCS_C11)

- Do I have to fill the INFO OBJECT CATALOG for Chars and key figures?

Thanks for your guidelines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your source data basis can be same like 0BCS_C11, but normally it is either your BW cube where the GL data is stored.

Normally you don't have to fill up the catalog field. You just do the required settings in the mapping field.

The normal steps for data stream are:

1. Create Source data basis( here you attach the BW cube which will be provide data to BCS).

2. Generate the data basis so that BCS data basis structure will identify the Source Data Basis.

3. Create the data stream method, do the required mapping.

4. Create a task, assign to task hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 0BCS_C11 as data provider in source data basis.

I fill the RFC connection and save the source data basis. Afterwards, system require sap logon to R/3.

Do i have run something in system R/3? because There are errors as the result :

Field 0BCS_APRCTR does not actively exist or cannot be used in system IKD050

Message no. UGMD116

Diagnosis

Your application area uses the field 0BCS_APRCTR. However, this field does not actively exist in the assigned system with RFC destination IKD050.

You may have inadvertantly selected field 0BCS_APRCTR ; that is, the system may have also automatically registered field 0BCS_APRCTR because it is referenced by another registered field (for example, due to compounding or because it is a basic field or an attribute, or similar).

If 0BCS_APRCTR is an ODS object for a combination characteristic, then 0BCS_APRCTR needs to be a transactional ODS object.

System Response

If a role with standard-delivery tables is assigned to the field, merely regard this message as informational. In this case, the system will treat field 0BCS_APRCTR as a local field.

In other cases, this is an error and you cannot save your settings.

Procedure

Change your settings if necessary.