cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to hide transparent container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am attempting to hide a transparent container by binding its visible property to a com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.Visibility type context attribute. I have one transparent container with buttons, another with captions. I can hide the buttons. If the buttons are hidden I also want to hide the container but it appears it is ignoring it.

Help documentation claims the visible property is supported for desktop browsers but not for mobile applications. It also appears it does not work for desktop browsers. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set the "visible" property to WDVisibility.NONE?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I also verified the code was getting executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly remains visible?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. This is what I noticed so far. First of all, I created a reusable popup window to display a list of messages. This DC allows the calling object to display/hide buttons and set some texts. After the calling DC sets the values and the texts, it then calls a method openWindow(). In this method the popup window DC checks whether any buttons are set to visible. If none are visible it sets the transparent container containing the buttons to WDVisibility.NONE. This context attribute is not exposed to the calling DC.

I decided to expose it and set it from the calling DC and now it works. This is an issue because, for encapsulation purposes, we shouldn't have to expose every property that needs to be set. This particular setting is internal to its own DC and should be capable of setting its own attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't the popup component set the visibility of the container correctly but the calling component can?

The context attribute that controls the container visibility could also be a calculated attribute that returns TRUE if at least one of the buttons is visible.

Armin

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least everyone can view this as pure entertainment or as something to keep an eye on:

ensure you use currentVisibleElement() instead of createVisibleElement().

Thanks a bunch!