Did you mean: 

Move a project to WAS

Former Member

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After sucessfull building of your application, select your project, deploy it to J2EE enginee and run it using run tab.

if at all if you want to maintain versioning look in to JDI Forum.

Regards,

RK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi louis,

after u imported the project in ur studio try by right clicking the project for creation of jar,war and ear files and deploy it.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,everybody

The petstore is a standard j2ee program.How can i deploy it in Was? And how can i open it on NetWeaver studio?(it can`t be imported)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your project is existing in one of your local directory?

if so have followed these steps

1) In netweaver doveloper studio

File->import->multiple existing projects in to workspace

2)Wizard will popup

select a base folder, browse to the folder select the respective project folder, check the options check boxes

a) search for projects in all subfolders

b) open projects after import

3) select respective components jar,war and ear

4)click next and finish now it's ready for deployment and run

if this is not working there is some problem with projects which are existinf in your local directory.

do let us know where exactly at what step you are getting proble,/error message so that some one can help you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will have to import the source code into Netweaver Studio not the compiled and packaged classes.

And I doubt that this petstore download stuff comes with the proper NW Studio projects.

Why don't you create a web and an ejb project in NW, import the source code accordingly, create the enterprise application project and generate an ear file ?

You won't be able to deploy the ear-file that comes with the sun example without modifications. EJB's have proprierary deploy descriptors and they have to be included in the jar-file.

Regards, Astrid

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I went thro the link provided by you.

seems this is a J2EE related project having JSP,Servlet and EJB.

so save the project in ur local pc after downloading it.

open the NW studio and select J2EE perspective and follow the steps which I told you in my previous reply.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

After unziped the file, there should be serveral .ear files. But when i tried to use studio to import them,i browse the file and can`t see them in studio wizard. Is there anyway to import the existing .ear files which is not NetWeaver Studio stytle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After unzipping in local directory,you can import the total project,

In NWDS File->Import->Multiple existing projects, after sucessfull importing, if you switch to J2EE Development perspective you will see all jar,war and ear files now you can deploy to J2EE engine and Run the application.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can`t not success in this way.When i imported the file, Studio didn`t show any project that i can import.

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi louis,

Save the petstore project in any local directory of your system.

Open your Netweaver studio.Goto files->Import->Existing Project into Workspace->Browse->select the petstore project and then say ok.

If the pet store project is a Java/J2EE compile your .jar then .war and lastly .ear file.

if it is webdynpro then as u know create your application and run it.

Hope it helps.

regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Guru.I have tried the idea that you told me. But i can`t find the project.What kind of the file i should import? The file is downloaded in this url

http://java.sun.com/developer/releases/petstore/ .

Thx~~