Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical database: S1L, problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have standard logical database: S1L and we have warehouse number on selection screen as a parameter.

If i enter '**' on selection screen, then it should pick all the warehouse numbers from T300 table, but when i enter '*', then it is giving error as '**' is not valid entry in T300.

Can you help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since the warehouse number is a parameter and not a select-option, entering * will not work. You can only select one value from the possible value list.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

So what are other option available to us?

Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Click on the 'Dynamic selections' button, and there you'll be able to specify multiple individual values for the warehouse number. If you want everything, you'll have to put all the existing warehouse numbers into the dynamic selection. Then save it as a variant, so that you don't have to type them in every time

<i>Edit: </i>Wait, that still might not work because it appears to be tied to the other selection fields... so the one single warehouse number will still probably restrict your selection. If that's the case, then the standard logical database won't work for your purpose, you'll have to copy and adapt it to your needs.

Message was edited by:

Tamas Hoznek

0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

if i need to copy everything, then it is big task

Thanks for your help and support.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Should not really be that big of a deal. You just copy the logical database S1L in SE36 and change the selection handling for the warehouse.

But first, just to be sure, give a shot to the dynamic selections... maybe they'll still work for you.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

i tried that option, it is not working for me.

Thanks