cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requistion Release **IMP**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have posted a thread before with same issue it was answered by lakhsmi but i really need your advise can we control release strategies through user ids (i mean SAP User ID) Is this a good practice for an instance

User A – can release any Preq upto x$

User B – can release any Preq upto xx$

User C – can release any PReq upto xxx$

Please if you can provide details in detail

Thank You

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no SAP doesn't provide the release with the USER id's but if you can controll the release of PR by the dollar value. when you configure the Release strtegy for this charecterstics then you can assign the release codes to the user id who will be responsible for the PR release in this way you can controll the release of the PR.

hope this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikrama ,

I assigned you both 6 points each

Thank you for responding

Vikrama can you elaborate more are you talking about work flow ..?

Please if you can elaborate more in detail

Thank You In advance

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think he is not telling about the work flow,you requirement can be managed at the user authorisation level with the help of a Basis consultant.

the procedure is as follows,

Go to transaction SU01,

enter the user ID for which you want the control,

go to the Roles tab,double click on the MM role,

add the authorisation object M_BANF_FRG - for purchase requisition,

add the required release codes,generate,

and save

and go back go to user tab

click on user comparision,and save.

Hope this is help full for you,

Regards,

batchu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Batchu ,

Thank you Sir great response

Assigned you full points and marked the thread as answered

Can you please take a look at my other issues

I will appreciate your kind help

Justin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the most complex release strategy setup in one of our clients' project ( in my entire experience, i can say this is the most complex one). In this, exactly the same I have recently designed a solution as you are looking for....

However, it can not be addressed in standard SAP. It requires User Exit usage.

In PO, of course, countless number of solutions can be developed in user exit (fortunately!!!).

How it works:

We have a ztable that provides the approval routes. For example, for a plant and porg combination, we maintain all possible Approvers' list ( Literally User Names). This approval route is one of the characteristics that determines release strategy. I designed multiple release strategies for all possible approvers for their limit values in $s. From the user exit, PO triggers a pop-up with allowed approvers for the plant and porg combination. User got to select one (else, we triggered error message) based on the selected Approver (approval route), it looks for release strategy applicable. Everything works fine...No issues about maintenance, if you create a z-transaction or z-table maintainable via SM30 in Prod system with limited access restricted to only COA maintenance person.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you gopala...hmmm this seems to be very challenging ...any docs or any more help will be appreciated

regards

Justin