cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke PI interface without Payload using URL only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is : HTTP<->XI<-->RFC.

I do not need any payload from source system(HTTP). Is it possible to invoke this interface<b> without payload</b>. Requirement is to invoke this interface <b>using the URL only.</b>

I have tested this interface with HTTP Client. It works only if i supply some dummy xml string in payload.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Malik,

Logical routing using the Receiver Determination expects a Service and a Message Interface. Therefore you will need to provide at least one xml tag to form a message (Data Type, Message Type, Message Interface)

Then you can either configure the RFC directly as the receiver service or go via an Integration Process

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I will be mapping <b>constants only</b> to RFC/BAPI.rqst message(target) in mapping. So, I do not need to map any source fields. In turn, I do not need any payload.

I did not even map root nodes. But I have defined a junk source message which is used in mapping.

Our requirement is to invoke this interface with just URL without sending any payload/xml. Is it possible? No I guess. Please help.

My scenario works only(using http test tool) if I send some dummy payload(string). I want to avoid the payload.

Message was edited by:

mallik kancharla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

well mapping with empty payload will throw a CANNOT_READ_PAYLOAD exception in message mapping if you are below SP 13 on PI 7.0 or SP 21 on XI 3.0

if you are on the above SP's then you should not get error but i myself have never tried so can't say for sure if it will work or not

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are on PI 7.0 SPS 12.

If I dont supply payload, then message do not even show up in sxmb_moni.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

probably you are using Graphical mapping,right?

well both graphical and XSLT mappings needs well formed XML,since empty payload is not considered as a well formed XML your scenario won't run correctly,you need either Java or ABAP mapping.

can you see atleast the message header,like MessageID,sender system etc?

My advice would be to look for other options too

Thanx

Aamir

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mallik..

Can you try mapping with constants.....create some junk map..do all the usual..and map a constant that doesent mean or do anything.......so in essense you are creating a payload without sending one.......does that help

Regards

Ravi Raman

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

The Source Message Type will have the occurance set to 1:1 for the root node, meaning that you will have one root node at least. So, i don't think it is possible.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallik,

Ultimately, the system should send something and on the otherside it receives which it understand. and it is nothing but payload.

Is your URL is sending something.

What are your expectations.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the sender system must be able to talk to XI integration server via the URL you have created from Test tool but the question is what will you do without any payload?

Thanx

Aamir