cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need glibc-32bit-8.1-9 and glibc-devel-32bit-8.1-9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Redhat AS rel 4 X64 and trying to install SCM51, in the oracle install part, it kept saying Exception String: Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/oracle/10g2/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk'.

I checked note 841728 suggested that I get

following 32-bit operating system packages:

o glibc-32bit-8.1-9

o glibc-devel-32bit-8.1-9

But I can't find them anywhere, searched web and all the rehat and suse installation cds, could you help me getting these 2 rpms? Full award points will be rewarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Betty,

To solve this, verify you have installed all the package list from Oracle Metalink Note:169706.1.

Basically, and following Hanne's good advice, you must run:

<b># up2date --arch=i386 glibc-devel</b>

This will install all the 32bit glibc packages and the inter-dependencies (including 64bits pkgs).

After installing the packages, just restart the Oracle installation and sure it will end ok this time.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

agree with Juan Carlos :

Option --arch=i386 must be used . Without this option you will only find X86_64 librairies.

It's the fast solution to avoid problem of dependencies.

regards,

patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reinstalled the Redat o/s with legecy support s/w, it worked.

This is just for people had problem going to redhat support.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Betty,

please do only use Red Hat Mirrors when installing RPM packages. You may loose support from Red Hat when installing packages from third party repositories, especially if you install main components like kernel or glibc.

On Red Hat AS 4 you have the up2date tool, which allows you to install packages available in the Red Hat Network, RHN. up2date is the official way to install packages on Red Hat AS 4 after an installation. You can simply search for all glibc packages (installed and available) by executing:

up2date --showall | grep -i glibc

If you find the packages you like to install, just execute

up2date -i <package1> <package2> ...

Please keep in mind, that using the RHN is probably the only supported procedure to install additional packages on your Red Hat AS machines. Your Red Hat contact person can give you more information about that topic.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

search and download it from following

FTP/URL to download :

rpmseek.com

rpm.pbone.net

fr.rpmfind.net

regards,

kaushal