cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct approach and load time estimation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to load 19 million Business partner data from SQL to SAP-CRM as part of initial load.

We are using XI as middle ware and we are planning to use JDBC adapter at sender side and ABAP proxy at receiver side.

I have few questions:

1)Is it correct to use XI for initial load from SQL to CRM? Is there any other better

tool.( There may be other better tools, but my point is anyway we are going to

use XI to create BP’s from SQL to CRM after go-live for real time scenarios (

apart from initial load). So, why cant we use the same scenario for initial load

also.)

2) Is it correct to user ABAP proxy at receiver side?

3) Receiver side we can user IDOC adapter or ABAP proxy. Which one is

efficient? ( we don’t have much transformations )

4) How to estimate the time to load 19 million BP’s into CRM. What parameters I

have to consider in both XI and CRM system.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

Use of XI for Initial loads is not a good idea.

XI is primarily used for real time data flows between different systems.

Activities like initial load is a one time activity and I feel it is unnecessary to use XI.

Use the traditional LSMW if SAP-CRM supports or

YOu can probably look at the MDM component in Netweaver for these type of loads.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a situation where we were not in a postition to use LSMW and use XI for initial load. We had worked with basis and have been monitoring the systems continuously with the data loaded on to the system. Basis has been cleaning up the log data on XI system so that the system not undergo crashes. That was a hectic job. You can not process all the messages at a time. We had a logical segrgation of the records, and that made possible to use xi by calculating the data size it can handle in one go..

I would suggest to go with LSMW.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess we can manage the data load in one shot by picking only 100 records at a time using JDBC adapter.

But i am not in a position to understand overall issues using XI.

If i understand correctly only problem i can see in XI is log files will be filled very quickly. we need to monitor them timely. am i correct?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>19 million Business partner data</u>

I feel XI is not a better approach for this.

<i>3) Receiver side we can user IDOC adapter or ABAP proxy. Which one is

efficient? ( we don’t have much transformations )</i>

Proxies will the most efficient ones.The biggest advantage of the proxy is that it always by passes the Adapter Engine and will directly interact with the application system and Integration engine - so it will and should give us a better performance.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MK. But i guess i can not go back now. I have to use XI for this initial load.

VJ: as suggested by you, It is hetick job for basis to monitor XI server and clean the log files. I do agree with you but, can we schedule some jobs to clean the log files. I am not able to antipate the risks and the solution for the risks.

Please help me.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

They must have already scheduled these to run many once in two days or a week or so. May be you discuss with your basis team and find a better schedule time till your initial load is completed. That should not be an issue.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>We are planning to load 19 million Business partner data from SQL to SAP-CRM

19 million records via XI:)

to me it looks like a really heavy load and i guess others will agree to,since this is your initial upload i would suggest you to look into other options too before using XI.see if LSMW or BDC might be of any help

Thanx

Aamir