cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the parameters ID affect a BDC program..?

Former Member

Gurus,

I had a requirement where I had to write a BDC of FV50L transaction to park an FI GL document..The progarm ran succesfully in development but it did not run at all in quality..

It was giving error like " No Sy-BINPT for screen SAPMF05A"....So we chked the user profile and made the settings of that user similar to what we had in development....then it worked...

But i was not able to understand what settings of parameters ID in user profile affect this program...What settings shud i maintain for these parameters ID so that the parking functionality works....HOw will i push this to production box....

The different type of parametsr ID that i see in the user profile are:

AVE	SAP01	FI: Entry Template for Payment Advice Items
FBA	X1 02X	FI: Find documents in document archive if not in database?
FBZ	SAP	FI: Line Layout Variant for Posting Document - Doc.Overview
FCJ	   X	User Options for Cash Journal
FO2	            X     X   X	Accounting Options / Part 2
FO3	 2	Accounting User Options (Single-Screen Transactions)
FZ1	SAP01	FI: Invoice/Credit Memo Fast Entry Line Layout
FZ2	SAP01	FI: G/L Account Items Fast Entry Line Layout
FZ5	SAP01	FI: Document Parking Fast Entry (G/L Accts) Line Layout
KME	SAP01	FI Account Assignment Model: Screen Template Variant
SCL	X	Upper and lower case in source code: 'X' = lower, ' ' =upper
S_FOBU_MODE	T	Formula Builder: Change Mode

Please guide me in this...ur immediate attention to this will be appreciated...

Cheers:

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sam,

My answers may not be so helpful. But just want to throw some light on it.

I too had a similar kind of problem. But atlast the functional guys said they can handle and let the business user know.

In general BDC copies the program how we record(SHDB) and then pass the values from the internal table. I wonder <b>does Paramerers ID affect a BDC program?</b>

Experts can you share your thoughts on it.

regards,

chaithanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply chaithnya...but parameter ID does affect BDC program...

Lets see how we can fix this issue..

Thanks anywayz

Sam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP advices against the use of BDCs for it's newer transactions like VL02N because the look and feel of the screen can vary tremendously depending on the user setting. Transaction FV50L does not figure out in my system (version 4.7), so I assume that this is one of the newer trasactions.

SAP recommends that you use an appropriate BAPI to make changes to standard data. Did SAP not provide any BAPI for this transaction? By the way the problem you faced was definitely user settings and does not have anything to do with parameter IDs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Mark - there's history to this thread. It's BDC all the way.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will i know which parameter ID affect the parking screens of FV50L...I tried lloking at table TPARA but no help....

Thanks

SAm

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the transaction under the userid you used to develop the program, in the development instance, take the menu path Setting -> Editing options (or something like that - I don't have this transaction). At the bottom of the screen is a section for screen templates. With any luck, there will be one for "Park document" and an entry like SAP01.

Go to you profile and find the PID of the one that corresponds to "Park Document". There's a pretty good cance it's the one I mentioned earlier (FZ5). That's the one you need to set.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rob...Thanks for all the help....I looked at the user profile and I see these parameter ID's..

AVE	FI: Entry Template for Payment Advice Items
FBA	FI: Find documents in document archive if not in database?
FBZ	FI: Line Layout Variant for Posting Document - Doc.Overview
FCJ	User Options for Cash Journal
FO2	Accounting Options / Part 2
FO3	Accounting User Options (Single-Screen Transactions)
FZ1	FI: Invoice/Credit Memo Fast Entry Line Layout
FZ2	FI: G/L Account Items Fast Entry Line Layout
FZ5	FI: Document Parking Fast Entry (G/L Accts) Line Layout
KME	FI Account Assignment Model: Screen Template Variant
SCL	Upper and lower case in source code: 'X' = lower, ' ' =upper
S_FOBU_MODE	Formula Builder: Change Mode

In these parameters i see FZ5...so shud i just set this ID...?

Cheers:

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - that's what I said - and change it back afterwards. You can use the code I posted earlier, but make sure you use the correct PID.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam - did this work for you??

Rob

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you remove all parameter ids from your profile then record the transaction because not all users will have the same parameter id. For example, you have a parameter id on plant - in this case in your recording, this will be filled with your parameter id and you dont see that in your program. so make sure you cleared all parameter ids and then run the recording from shdb then change your old program by comparing new recording.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply guys....Do u know which parameter ID is for parking a FI document...

Which parameter ID's affect the parking screens or screen SAPMF05A...

I have no clue as to what i shud do next...the requirement has to be moved to production and i dont know what do do...

please help....

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - maybe I see what's going on a little better. In your user profile, you probably have PID 'FBZ'. This determines the line layout for posting. I'm betting that it's different for the the test user.

OK - I'm having a <i>eureka</i> moment. If you recall, I told you quite a while ago that I also worked on a parking program and I remember that I had to set the PID in the program to what I needed and then set it back. I'll see if I can find the code.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, it's FZ5 - (FI: Document Parking Fast Entry (G/L Accts) Line Layout). I did:

data: template(5).
* Make sure the screen template is set correctly
  get parameter id 'FZ5' field template.
  set parameter id 'FZ5' field 'SAP01'.

and then after parking:

* Set the screen template to the user's original setting
  if template <> 'SAP01'.
    set parameter id 'FZ5' field template.
  endif.

You are using a different transaction so it may be a different PID.

Let me know if this helps.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all the info Rob...What will be the parameter ID for transaction FV50L that i will have to use....any idea about that...Will it be FZ5,F02, F03, FZ1, FZ2...

I see many of them in the user profile...

ANy suggestions...

Thanks for all the efforts..

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

What will happen is that the program will pick up the parameter from the user's profile (if it exists in the profile) or the last value that the user entered.

If you do not want this (and I don't think you do), you simply have to account for them in the batch input session - ie. pass values.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply...How can i do that in my BDC program..What does this message that NO batch input available for screen SAPMF05a signifies...

Also if there was some issue in the code then how did it work in development but did not work in quality...

Please suggest...

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Parameter id will keep default one value when ever you go to transaction,either last value or based on some condition.

if you maintain parameter id in user profile then it will have always value.

Once you done no need to have any other BDC code.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to code the fields that are picking up the parameter ID values the same way as you code every other field in the batch input session. This will override the parameter ID values.

Rob