Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Background job for Module pool program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to process the dialog program in background. Normally for any executable report programs by default we will have that functionality. But i need the same functionality for my module pool program. User needs 2 execute buttons - one is for direct excute (foreground execute) and the other one is for back ground processing.

I tried with the 3 function modules job_open, job_submit & job_close. But i am keep on getting some issues and i am not sure how those will work because i wrote all the validations in direct exucte user command, now if user clicks on Background how that logic will be called and how it will be processed.

Can any one give your valuable suggestions.

regards

Jaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a Transaction code for this Program.

Then implement the BDC Code to Process the SCreens with the Required input Values.

Schedule this BDC Session in Backgound using RSBDCSUB.

Reward if usefull

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the output of your processing ? What should happen if the user clicks the Background processing button ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a Transaction code for this Program.

Then implement the BDC Code to Process the SCreens with the Required input Values.

Schedule this BDC Session in Backgound using RSBDCSUB.

Reward if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved my own

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAYA, I WANT THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY

CAN U EXPLAIN HOW YOU ACHIEVED THIS.

TIA

GAURAV