cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Mandatory only for Certain Materials in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway so that I can make certain item text mandatory only for certain materials?

I tried creating new item category group and new item category. And then create new Text procedure making this text mandatory and assigning to this new item category.

But there are lot of different types of item categories assigned. So it does not look good to create new item category for each and everyone for this new item category group and material.

Please guide me how to make the document incomplete for certain materials only when one text is not filled at item level

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you tried is correct and that is been followed in most of my projects wherever I worked. That is the best way recommended also.

If you try with incompletion procedures for item category also, you will endup doing multiple item categories anyway....

First when I looked at the subject line, even before I opened your POSTING, I got the same resolution as you did....May be the optimal one but, not sure, if something else is possible other than by doing user exit.

Regards