cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass selection parameters from portal iview to WAD template or Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an iview with WAD template. The WAD template shows a selection parameter.

How can I pass the selection parameter to that WAD template from another iview so that report is show directly without entering the selection parameter.

In non sap web applications you can normally pass parameters through query string in URL, is there a way to do that for WAD. If so how do you read those parameters inside WAD.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How r u going to navigate from one WAD to another?? Is it through RRI

Or is it both the WAD will be independent of each other??? Could u please be a bit more clear???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

I am not navigating from one WAD to another. I will be navigating from Portal to WAD.

for example in portal, I have a customer list. When they click on a customer, I would want to pass the customer parameter to a report that has it as selection parameter.

Now I have to enter the customer Id again in the report interface eventhough I know which customer I want to view the report for.

In custom apps it is very easy to pass it as query string. I am trying to understand how to do this for WAD report.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm facing same issue, did you find any solution for that ?

Thanks

Ami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ami,

Unfortunately no. I still have not figured out. I could not find any solution in forums too. For now we were able to convince them to manually enter the parameter. I am not happy with that. I will be looking into it after our go live in few weeks. I will let you know if I find any solution. Please let me know if you come across any solution or workarounds.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks