Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change standard screens BP ESS 1.0

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a few changes on standard screens of Business Package for ESS 1.0.

Is it possible to download the java Web Dynpro source code?

If yes, where can i get that?

If not, is there any other way of changing some fields (for example currency instead of being text, change it to a dropdown, or hide some buttons)?

Thanks in advanced,

Luis Cruz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

You need to modify the standant ESS business package in Netweaver Developer Studio. You must also have the NWDI infrastructure setup. Please check sap note: 872892 for details. Let me know if you need any further detials,

-Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

It was a problem of hardware.

Now, with some better performance i was able to import all components.

Thanks for all the help.

Reward points were set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Yes to what Mike said.

For more infomation on NWDI please go through the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_Netweaver_Development_Infrastructure_(NWDI)

for more go through this forum

You need to install NWDI separately for this you need download the files from SAP marketplace matching to your version.I think you can get the required .SCA files from SAP market place.

Then you need to create tracks and compartments. Open Development Infrastructure perspective.Then you are able to create a project from your ESS track into your NWDS(For this you need to create an activity). And then do the modifications you want. Then Check-in, Activate and transport the activity to the server.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Atul Shrivastava

PS:Award points for helpful answer.

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi both,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm waiting for the NWDI instalation, and then i'll reply with news.

Temporary points are set.

Thanks,

Luis

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi both,

We now have NWDI installed. I had follow the the steps indicated on NWDI Cookbook for XSS.

I still have one problem. Everytime I try to Import the components on CMS Development tab it takes some hours, and then failed. (I tried to import only one component, instead off all)

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Luis

Here's the log:

20071215113630 Info :Starting Step CBS-make at 2007-12-15 11:36:30.0015 +0:00

20071215113630 Info :wait until CBS queue of buildspace PTD_BESA_D is completely processed, before starting the import

20071215113630 Info :waiting for CBS queue activity

20071215113700 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20071215153715 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20071215153745 Info :no changes on the CBS request queue (PTD_BESA_D) after a waiting time of 14430000 ms

20071215153745 Fatal :The request queue is not processed by the CBS during the given time intervall => TCS cannot import the request because queue is not empty

20071215153745 Fatal :Please look after the operational status of the CBS.

20071215153745 Info :Step CBS-make ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2007-12-15 15:37:45.0687 +0:00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Hope this blog will help you a lot.

Please go through it.

Thanks,

Vivek.

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is the: 4. Move the files from check-in tab to Development and further to Consolidation

The components doesn't appear on Consolidation tab or in NWDS, and I guess for that happens I need to Import on the Development tab. But when i try, I got that error posted in my previous reply.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the status of the CBS in Visual Administrator?

May be it is down and you cannot import components.

thanks,

Vivek.

luscruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply.

I had changed the following settings on CBS, but I still got that message:

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12-x64

JDK_HOME_PATHS = JDK1.4.2_HOM=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12-x64;

idleStart = false

I already tried to stop/start the service, or even stop / start the portal, but the problem continues.

I also realized that the components appear already on NWDI, but not um CMS consolitation tab.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Luis