cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Tables using Softwise SAP Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am new to SAP but am a very experienced .NET developer. My client wants to build a ASP.NET 2.0 web portal that integrates directly into SAP, but of course the SAP.NET Connector doesn't work with VS2005. I did find, on this forum, a product by a company called Softwise in Argentina that created an updated version of the SAP Connector. This product is able to query my SAP server, return a list of BAPI's and build proxy objects for these BAPI's. My problem is that I'm only getting part of the answer.

The BAPI that I'm calling takes some simple input parameters (dates) and has on output parameter of Return2, plus some Input/Output Table objects. The output parameter of Return2 works correctly and I can see the appropriate messages, but two of my table objects are supposed to have data in them, but they keep coming back empty.

Anybody have any experience with this tool? If so, how successful has it worked. Has anyone seen this type of behavior with the original .NET Connector?

I would greatly appreciate any help that someone can supply.

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I don't know the connector you are talking about but I would suggest testing it with VS 2003 and only the .NET Connector or maybe in case you are running against a newer SAP system exposing the BAPI as Web Service and test it then.

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen, that's what I'm trying to do. Unforunately I only have the Standard edition of VS2003 for C#, not Professional and the .NET Connector doesn't work with that version. I'm trying to locate an old install disc of the Professional version.

Also, the client I'm working with doesn't own the NetWeaver portion of SAP, they didn't want to spend the money for it. Sure wish they did now.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Softwise tool was never able to work correctly and after a few emails I stopped trying. I reverted back to VS2003 to create my Proxies.

In the end, I saved my client about $1,000 for a license for the Softwise product. They really need to answer their emails.

Matt