cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating values in a Grid template

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using xMII 11.5 SP3. Can values displayed in a grid template be edited directly in the template? We have an application where we'd like to pull values out of a SQL Server table, display them in a grid and have the user update the numbers then push the updated numbers back into the table. In a similar application I display the values in a grid then enter the updated numbers through an HTML form directly below the grid. It works but it scores low on the elegance scale.

Thanks for your help!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not with the native xMII applet, but you could use many other "front-end" web components with an xMII back-end to achieve this. Flex and ASP.NET come to mind, and you could probably also do a pretty straightforward AJAX-based implementation of an editable grid by leveraging some of the generally available AJAX grid implementations (some shareware, most less than $200).

0 Kudos

Dave/Rick,

There's also roadmap plans to accomodate this in future releases of xMII. I believe they were mentioned at the Adaptive Mfg. Summit in September. The Roadmap PPTs can be downloaded from the web <a href="http://www.sap.com/community/pub/events/2007_SERIES_AMS/index.epx">here</a>.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uh oh. Another "Free Beer Tomorrow" post...

0 Kudos

Free is still better than "My friend will give this other beer for $$".....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm hurt to think my heartfelt and sincere questions are being used by you guys in some kind of free-beer competition!

0 Kudos

Dave,

"Free-beer"...where?!?!

Anyway, how's everything in Texas? Hope all is well.

Sam

Answers (0)