Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Transfer - problems with incorrect depreciation values/period

C_J
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to do an asset transfer between two company codes with transaction ABT1N using the gross method.

My problem is that when the asset is transferred the number of depreciation periods restart in the receiving company but with the net value from the sending company.

Example:

Company 1100:

Asset 1:

Aquired: january 2005

Value: 10 000 $

Depreciation time: 5 year x 12 months = 60 periods

Transfer to company 1200 on july 2007...

Depreciation in 1100 so far = 5 000 $

Net value to be transferred to CoCode 1200: 5 000 $

Here comes the problem, when I look at the depreciation time in company 1200 after the transfer, I see that the system now wants to depreciate the net value of 5 000 $ on another 60 periods period. This means that the asset will have a lifetime of 7,5 years in total instead of 5 years.

What I want to do is that after the transfer the depreciation should only by the the number of periods that is left from the original depreciation start in company 1100. This means that after the transfer there should only be 30 depreciation periods left in company 1200 on the transferred asset.

Thanks for response! I will add a lot of points to thoose that provides me with solution solving info.

Best regards

Carl-Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carl,

This is where you can influence the fileds to be transfered in the transfer variant [1-Gross in your case].

Asset Accounting>Transactions>Intercompany Asset Transfers>Automatic Intercompany Asset Transfers>Define Transfer Variants-->Specify Transfer of Fields (for New Asset in Target CoCd)

Select the variant 1-Gross method and then click on the Depreciation area on the left bar. The system will display the all the Depreciation area for the Chart of Depr in question. Here for each depreciation area you can dictate what values from the old asset need to be trf to the new asset.

In your case, the system is not transfering the remaining useful life. Precisely you need to transfer the field group 19-Expired useful life and 20-Expired life in periods.

That should do the needful for you.

Have a nice day.

Vishal Thakur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carl,

Also in trf variant 1, remove the copying of field group 02-Useful life and 03-Ord.dep.start date. This will set things right for you.

I suggest you to make a copy of variant 1 instead of changing SAP supplied variant.

Vishal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carl,

You may try to set right the values in the transfer variant used in ABT1N. I will give you more details shortly.

Thanks,

Vishal.

C_J
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal,

I have looked at the transfer variant, but I am not sure how to use it correctly, so if you have any details how to set it up it would be very helpful, I will add the point immediately

Best regards

Carl-Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carl,

Look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/4f/71fd71448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

and read the section 'Historical Transfer of Capitalization Data'

Hope this helps you. It is surprising that my previous reply didn't help you at all.

Have a nice day.

Vishal.

C_J
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your earlier replies did absolutely help me! Thanks alot, I have made the changes in my config and will try it later during the day.

Thanks again, points added to you!

Best regards

Carl-Johan