cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epa sca types of files

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.wat is the diff between these pkgs -- Epa Sca? i worked on webdynpro examples but have no idea on par file development --->.

so can i work on standard component modification -- or we need knowledge par file development --

the buss pkg like ESS or MSS r made of par files or ear files plz explain this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some business packages are bundled in a .epa format. Many others are in a .SCA format. Software component archive. More common in NW 7.

Most of the .epa types are/were on par file developments.

If the component you were editing was developed on a .par file package, then you would need to learn abstract portal component/JSP development.

ESS/MSS are WD application components. WDJ would be needed here. They are'nt par files.

Hope I answered all your questions. Get back with doubts if you have any. Meanwhile if it helped, kindly consider rewarding points

Prem.

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

u explained it very clearly b4 we end this thread plz add some more information .

so u said ESS and MSS r developed on WD.

1.)for modification we need to use NWDI is it a must ?

2.)if we create a track using NWDI we can can check out the DC from DTR is that right?

3.)so if i develop some WD component ---we get EAR file .. so can we turn this in to sca pkg?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1.)for modification we need to use NWDI is it a must

Yes, but most minor changes revolving around user fields can be done from the backend through transacytion SPRO.

> 2.)if we create a track using NWDI we can can check

Right.

> 3.)so if i develop some WD component ---we get EAR

> file .. so can we turn this in to sca pkg?

Yes you get EAR file out of a WD app. Yes you can build SCA's out of one or more ear files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is right. To add, sca files are collection of sda and ear files. ear files come from any j2ee application or webdynpro application. Par files come from portal applications. You can combine all these to sca and deploy it using SDM in other server. To transport portal objects like iViews, pages etc, you can use epa file. This epa can also be converted to sda and put in sca. For more details, check this blog.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

harini and prem ur replys r really help thank u very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u find my answer really helpful, please mark appropriate points for it.

Regards,

Harini S