cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get simple Struts app to work when using DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use Struts to develop web apps. I took a simple example app of 3 screens and was able to get it working fine in local development.

Then I tried to do same thing using DCs in a Track. The first page of the app is a jsp called login.jsp. That file has the following two lines at the beginning:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

This works fine in local development. However in the DC I get the following error when I try to run login.jsp:

Application error occurs during processing the request.
  Internal error while parsing JSP page C:/usr/sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/com.firstenergycorp/pilot_webapp~strutsear/servlet_jsp/struts/root/login.jsp. 
  Details:   com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.lib.jspparser.exceptions.JspParseException: Tag library descriptor cannot be found for uri:{1}.  The ID of this error is 
Exception id: [000F1FCC15FA00450000000F00000CA4000400A8BC089FE5].

The struts-html.tld and struts-bean.tld are both in the WEB-INF folder of my Web Module DC.

So why am I getting this error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it.

It was a stupid error on my part.

Short story... The public part of my External Library DC (which contains the Struts JAR file) was created for build only.

Once I created it for deployment then the struts.jar file was deployed as part of the EAR file.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

we are using Struts in our application without any problems. But we don't deploy via JDI but build the ear-files in Netweaver Studio and deploy with SDM.

I guess the tag libs are not added properly to the war file of your productive environment. Can you check whether they contain the files in the correct path ?

And you shouldn't mix Tag Libs and struts.jar of different versions (e.g 1.0 + 1.2). That will result in the very same error message.

Regards, Astrid

Regards, Astrid