cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imoprt steps and data consolidation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the Import manger steps to import the data from 2 Systems.

Basically, I have two systems one is .XLS and other is .CSV file, I want to import the data to MDM system and consolidate the same.

Could you please give me suggestions and links related to that?

~Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Explaining in detail,

In Console:

If the files are coming from two different systems then,

1. You will have to first create 2 remote systems in Console. ( Type- Inbound for taking data into MDM, Outbound for syndicating data from MDM, Inbound/Outbound for doing both function)

2. Create 2 Ports inside those Remote systems and specify the File type as ".XLS" and " .CSV" respectively.

But if the file is coming from 1 system and you dont want to maintain the remote keys, then there is no need for the above step.

In Import Manager:

1. If you have taken the remote systems:

Then Open import Manager and specify "PORT" in the File type and choose the remote system and the port. For this you will have to place the source File in the Ready folder of the Remote system. You will find that in the Server folder in distribtuions folder. Import the file into MDM.

2. If you have not taken Remote systems:

Then take File type as " .XLS" and " .CSV" respectively and then import the source file into MDM.

In Data Manager:

1. In Matching mode, you will have to run the stratergy if you are looking for duplicates.

This will be helpful to you.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

In addition to nitin's answer if you are not importing through remote system then you have to do the following steps:

1) Create all the fields present in both the source data.

2)Open import manager and specify file type as .XLS and do the importing as usual.

3) Again open import manager and specify ur file type as .CSV. Do the mapping and in match records you have specify your default action as update all null fields/update all mapped fields.

Hope I am able to answer you

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the importance of Remote System and key mapping?

What are the significant steps to consolidate the data.

~shankar

Message was edited by:

Shankar US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar!

Remote systems are necessary if you are taking files from more than 1 systems. The source files coming from different systems should be recognized by using a special Key.

Using Remote systems, we can:

1. Identify from which system the record has been imported

2. Maintain a Local id for different records after consolidation. After Consolidation, all the duplicates records can be assigned 1 GLOBAL ID. But we can always refer to the local id's of the duplicate records using EDIT KEY MAPPING by right clicking on the records and choosing Edit KEy Mapping.

3. After consolidation of records, To identify the recepient system, we again require the Key mapping, using whcih we can send the appropriate records to their respective systems.

Regarding Consolidation: Import all the data from all the source files into MDM. You can then De-duplicate the records coming in by running a de-duplication stratergy. Steps to do that:

1. Define Rules

2. Define stratergy and Include rules it.

3. Run the stratergy on the records and see the potential duplicates.

4. Merge the records if required.

And then syndicate the records back to the systems using the Remote systems and Key mapping

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you's question is using Import manager GUI.

for XLS it is straight forward open the import manager with File Type Excel

For .CSV you have to create a ODBC conection to read the file

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guy,

What are steps I need to take import the TWO systems data for consolidation, this is my big Q?

Let me know the what I have to do in

Console,

Import Manager and

Data Manager

~Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

When the import manager starts at that time u need to specify the format of the data over there u can specify Excel,Xml etc and then u need to specify the path of the file from which u need to import.

Like dis u can get the Excelsheet data into the import manager and afetrwards u can consolidate and harmonize the data.

Regards Tejas...........