cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting data from an infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to delete the data from an infocube before I carry out a load as part of the daily load can I do this and if so how would I do this? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use "complete deletion of data target " process type before you schedule ur load in PC.

or

if the cube is being fed from diff sources, you can use "delete overlapping requests" process type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much - so in effect I do not need to write any start routine logic just include one of the suggested variants in the process chain? Does this also clear the dimension tables or is there a seperate process variant for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to write any routines. yes it clears everything from the cube.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be of some help:

<b>Steps for process Chain</b>

Start

Delete Index ( for Cube )

<b>IP1</b>*.....

<b>Delete Overlapping Requests from InfoCube*</b>

Create Index ( for Cube )

<b>IP1</b> - Infopackage - Datatargets - Automatic loading of similar or identical requests - Select Deleting Existing Requests - Flag Full or Initial Load - Flag Datasources are same - Selections Are " Same or Comprehensive " - Save .

<b>Delete Overlapping Requests from InfoCube</b>* - In this process type - Object Type - Execute Infopackage - Select the one in use for Full with the Tech name - Click on Deletion Selections at the bottom - Set the same selections as in the Infopackage.