cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing in MDM Catalog 2.0

0 Kudos

I have a requirement to make the price dependent on a category specific attribute in MDM Catalog. For example, the base sku price is £10 and the SKU is avaliable in small, medium and large sizes. There is no modifier for small but medium costs £1 more and large £2 more. Is it possible to model this without having a SKU per size?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Thanks Sergui,

I got in touch with the SAP product manager and he pointed me in the direction of webforms from beneering.com.

Having spoken to the customer, the content managers do not like the requisite configurable material functionality because it's very labour intensive to set up. They want to move to a more conventional set up so htat they can load from a spreadsheet.

However, they are interested in 'free text' ordering from a catalog (I know this is a bit of an oxymoron) so I will explore the webforms approach some time in the future.

Regards,

Mike.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

IMHO, this Requisite feature is simply not available in SRM-MDM - either on the loading side or on the Shopping UI side.

On the loading side, you can play with adding fields (e.g. Size) to the Price qualified table, but (a) you will still have to load all possible prices, i.e. you cannot load price modifiers (e.g. +/-$1); and (b) this does not meet your requirement to have it as a category-specific field ("attribute" in MDM terminology).

You can populate all your attributes in the Categories table for sure, but there is no link back to Price.

On the Shopping UI side, I don't think there is an option for the user to select attribute values (e.g. Size). An e-form functionality is rumoured to be coming in the next release, but I don't expect it to let you change the pricing online.

If this feature is important for your client, they can submit a functionality request to SAP.

Cheers,

Serguei

0 Kudos

Thanks Serguei, Thought this would be the case but thought I'd ask if anyone else had solved the problem.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Also, pls see Note 1114371. It sums up the lack of functionality pretty nicely, plus offers an add-on consulting solution from SAP.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please go through the related links / SAP OSS Notes below -></u>

Note 644936 Performance optimization: Displaying condition records

Note 661287 Name of the condition maintenance group

Note 903552 FAQ - AFS Production Control & Execution

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

0 Kudos

Mainly because the customer is migrating from requisite where this feature is available.

A more realistic example would be say, workwear trousers which come in waist sizes 28 to 48 with regular, short and long options for leg length.

We could, of course, do something in the excel load file prior to loading but I' d like to give them an option inside MDM.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

MDM catalog has category attributes called taxonomy. You can define the price field as qualified lookup table with taxonomy but I'm not sure how UI handle it. Please test it. I would use relationship function which is available in 2.0 but it is still in SKU level. If I remember correctly, Requisite also has price in SKU level and UI shows it nicely.

Regards,

Masa

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Users,

we are upgrading to MDM 2.0. In this thread you talk about the price field, which in our case is a flat lookup-table. When calling the MDM catalog from EBP I can see the filled price field for catalog items on the webfrontend. In the Windows MDM Datamanager I can see that the value eg 0.75 is in the lookup table field "Amount".

Hence we have created an OCI Mapping like this (in the MDM Web Config UI):

NEW_ITEM-PRICE --> Price Amount

still the price value is not transferred to EBP.

Anybody a clue about this?

thanks for input,

regards, matthias

ps:

just noticed that the required field is in fact "Price Information -Amount" and is from a qualified Lookup Table.

But I can't assign "Price Information", because it's not there - how do I get it in the drop down list, where I can see all the other catalog fields for OCI mapping?

once more regards, matthias

Message was edited by:

Matthias Kasig

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the SLG1 log. Is NEW_ITEM-PRICE empty ?

[/people/masayuki.sekihara/blog/2007/12/07/oci-open-catalog-interface-setting-and-trouble-shooting|/people/masayuki.sekihara/blog/2007/12/07/oci-open-catalog-interface-setting-and-trouble-shooting]

Regards,

Masa

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thank you for the answer. I am not sure how to monitor the OCI fields in SLG1. I read your Blog and followed the link to note 487917. This note says you can watch the log BTC1 via transaction SLG1, I don't know where to jump to BTC1 when in SLG1. When transferring a position from MDM to SRM I can see an entry in the SLG1 Log, but not exactly the OCI fields.

However, in the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER I can add a breakpoint and then see in the method ENRICH_ITEM_DATA in the structure 'catalog_content' the OCI fields. And here I can see that catalog_content-price is empty.

In the MDM Console I can see in table "Catalog Items" that it uses a field "Price Information" which is the qualified lookup table "Price".

I even tried renaming this lookup table to "Price Information". But this has no effect, either. Still I can't chose "Price Information - Amount" in the OCI mapping in the MDM web UI. I did hope that, when changing the name of the lookup also to Price Information, that then I might be able to access the required repository fields for the OCI Mapping.

This is a repository from MDM1.0 which was upgraded using the web-utilities tool. Maybe I should run the tool again? or rebuild the repository from scratch?

Is it maybe necessary after the run of the utilities tool, to restart the j2ee engine? Maybe j2ee does not notice changes in to the repository, which take place in the console...

thanks for more help,

matthias

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the upgrade guide. There are manual steps to upgrade a repository. Do not forget to deploy new search UI to J2EE server.

Regards,

Masa

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thank you for your help.

what we did so far:

1. set up j2ee server and oracle

2. set up MDM 2.0 Server

3. Deploy MDM 2.0 SP 2.0 Java API and UI stuff to j2ee

4. set MDM 1.0 Repository in the appropriate place in the file system of MDM Server

5. run repository upgrade using link from upgrade guide (http://<j2eeserver>:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uiutil/Utilities)

6. upgrade configuration (same link as before, but step 2)

still, in the OCI Mapping for price, I still have "price - amount" mapped on NEW_ITEM-PRICE

and still, the price, which I can see in the search UI, is not being transferred to EBP...

we are trying to rebuild the mapping once again in the MDM Import Manager - so that we can see where exactly the value of the price field is going.

What we not did is to redeploy the Java stuff for the j2ee - could this be helpful? we saved our configuration so far - so we can't mess it all up...

thanx, Matthias

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Please create a new thread for your issue. We are messing up this thread.

Regards,

Masa

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa et al,

I shall create a new thread for my issue, OCI mapping of pricing information, so that I can assign points

and not mess up this thread,

regards, Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Kasig on Dec 18, 2007 8:55 AM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reason you do not want to keep 3 SKU S,M,L ? Usually supplier sends item list in SKU level to buyer. Each SKU has Supplier Parts Number, so there is no miss order.

Regards,

Masa