cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including external java libraries in Web Dynpro project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to include some external jars in my web dynpro project. By including in the project library, the web dynpro app compiles and runs fine.

The issue is that the when I check in the project it doesnt activate in the build environment. What is the best way to include these jars so that the project activate and compiles in the component build space?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

There are two ways in adding the external JAR files in WebDynpro

1) RightClick on the project - > properties-> Java Build Path - >Libraries ->Add External JAR Files

By doing this , your jar will be available only on the local machine. if the path got changed or file got deleted , you will get errors.so to avaoid that

2) Goto Navigation Tab - > navigate through <b>lib</b> directory and paster your .JAR file there

By doing this your jar file will be deployed on to the sever ,so it will be available always as it is on the server

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the second method, if I copy these jars into the lib directory, they will be uploaded together with other java classes onto server for each new deployment.

Is there one possibility to deploy the jars only once and keep them accessable for other java classes?

Answers (0)