cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Languages in IAC iView not working correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem using the application integrator to compute languages dynamically for iViews. What I have implemented is described here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/de95e490-0201-0010-b390-f0f23a95...

This is up and running on regular SAP Transaction iViews with no problem, however when I am trying to change the language of an IAC iView (calling the ITS server) it's not working correctly.

I have tried several work arounds, including just writing to the ForcedRequestLanguage (which works as I've verified through the debugger), but even after I write the language there the IAC iView STILL uses the Portal language... However when I set the ForceRequestLanguage directly in the iView, it uses it just fine...

Anyone know what I am doing wrong and why I am able to do this with a regular SAP transaction iView but not with an IAC?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

There are several places to set language.

1. The setting of user's client. Which is set in browser.

2. Language of Portal, Which is set in personalization of portal user.

3. Language of R/3, the language user sso to r/3.

You should notice the priority of these language settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the input. I am aware of the places to set the language, however I am trying to extend the way languages are selected automatically.

In my code I am using this following line to eventually set the language:

private static final String LOCALE_NODE_KEY =
"com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.IPortalComponentRequest.getLocale";
request.getNode().putValue(LOCALE_NODE_KEY, locale);

where request is the IPortalComponentRequest passed to getParameter in my class that implements ICustomerParameterProvider.

Now I can set the language for a normal SAP Transaction iView, but the IAC iView seems to ignore this value.

Anyone have any suggestions if there's another property that needs to be set for IAC iViews to change the language in the code?

Message was edited by:

Hermann Hans