cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off these display attributes in Infoobject instead of deleting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends, We have many Infoobjects for Automotive sales where we have <b>many display attributes which user do not want to see in Report</b> now in BI Portal by going to properties tab. But we want to turn off or remove the display attributes from the Infoobject so how to do this.

Please suggest me a good way to turn off these display attributes in Infopbject instead of deleting it.

Option#1

Also when I go to Reports in Query Designer I see the 0employee in Rows which is ok but then i went to Left side Under Infoprovider Tab and open attributes of EMPLOYEE IN Dimension tab. I right click but i do not find option as properties to hide it

Option#2

Delete the Business Content Standard Attribute from 0EMPLOYEE Infoobject

If this is possible then I heard that it causes the problems while deleting the attributes. so I will need to delete the master data

Please help

Thanks

Soniya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question I have for you is, if you don't want the display attribute, then why don't you just take it out from the query so that it won't show when the users drill down the query.

Removing the attribute from the object should be taken with care, first you need to delete the data from the master data object and remove the display attribute. And the same procedure needs to be followed when moving the object to QA and Production.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggest how to delete the Business Content Attribute like Person Responsible from the 0EMPLOYEE , even I do not know how to do this in query . please tell me the steps. I do not see any option to turn off from standard object like 0 employee ,

Also replacing that with copy infoobject zemployee but like that we have several of them so it is not good to change all reports and infoobjects in live system

Thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonya.

I think we had the same problem, and we found a way out.

When you look at all the attributes on a info-object, there is one column with the numbers 1,2,3,4, and so on for each row.

If I rember right , you can turn off the display of these attributes atleast when you filter the attribute later.

I'm not sure if you will hide it from beeing possible to select in the query.

Hope this helps..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u can do this

Go to RSA1 and find out ur char infoobject and then rightclick on that infoobject and then click change,Go to the attributes tab which will display the all the attributes So now u can uncheck the attributes wat ever display attibutes u dont want and then u activate the infoobject to affect the changes u have made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you add attributes to a Master data they will be present as display attributes you cant turn display attributes off. Yes you can turn on/off navigational attributes because turning off nav attributes makes them display attributes/

Deleting an attribute has to be done by taking extra care reason becuase this master data might be used in other infoproviders too and if you delete any attribute it will also affect the other too and thus lead to incorect query result.

Instead of deletting attibute you can make a new infoobject using the 0employee as the template and you can modify the new one as per your convenience.

thanks

puneet