cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport PAR files in EPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on EP 7.0. and have created new IViews, Roles in the dev system. Also, had to make changes to the logon par file. Now, i need to move all the changes to the QA system but i'm not sure how to move the par file as part of the EPA file. I have checked the following enteries in the pcd configuration file:

Pcd.TransportApplication.Export.ExcludeObjectTypesAfterRuleProcessing <empty>

Pcd.TransportApplication.Export.ExcludeObjectTypes <empty>

Also, in the settings for the Transport (EPA), the following enteries are configured

Resolve References Yes

Transport Mode data_and_acl

Is there any other settings required to get the par files to be part of the transport? Also, how do we transport the configuration files(File modified to use the new logon par file) to the QA system (authscheme.xml)?

Appreciate all the help!!

Thanks,

VSingh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VSingh,

once you create the transport package you need to set "*.par" in the "Export Settings" fields box at the bottom of the screen before exporting the content and the PAR file will be included in the transport.

To transport the modified logon.par try to create a dummy iView pointing to the logon.par and doing the same I explained before seting "*.par" in the "ID of Dependent Objects for Export" in the "Export settings" fileds box.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Raúl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply but i don't see any field as Export Settings OR Dependent Objects. As i mentioned in my previous post, i'm using EP 7.0 and the only fileds that i can see in the Transport property editor are 'Resolve References' and 'Transport Mode'.

Please let me know if i'm missing anything..

Regards,

VSingh.