Did you mean: 

Impact due to (SAPKE50037), we are on ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After the application of the Support Pack (SAPKE50037), there are

unwanted changes in the IT 0006 subtype 4. The State and and Zipcode

fields are mandatory. The business wants to revert back to the original

configuration, where only the Telephone number was required.

We noticed a change in the program where there is an additional check

added for USA,

(if country = USA, then the state and zip field mandatory)

I had this response from SAP:

<i>Development has told me that a change was made to the note and the

latest version should be downloaded and applied.

SAP Note No. 1075428 Version 4 from 24.10.2007</i>

but:::

After carefully studying the

note, i realized that the note would do exactly opposite to what the

requirement is. We want to revert back to the original setting where

only the telephone number was required and state and zipcode should not

be mandatory fields. We are getting this hard error "State is a required field" which explains our current situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP HR,

The note 1075428 was updated on 12/14 with a source code change directing it to do a check on the infotype for subtype 1 and then to proceed with the additional check it was performing which caused all the problems. If you reapply 1075428 to your system, it should take on the additional code corrections that were attached. As with you, our issue was that we did not require the address information for our subtype 4 records, hence the irrelevent hard stop on address state, zip, etc info. Our business did require this info on subtype 1 so it was not a problem for the check to be in place on that subtype. I still stand by the fact that this is why screen control via T588M is in place for these kind of requirement checks on fields and our responding OSS message advised further review of the correction as opposed to this additional check on subtype, but it did correct our issue.

Hope that helps, all the best!

JLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JLM,

The issue is resolved, Points are awarded

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working this same issue on ECC 6.0 due to this note. SAP responded to our OSS message saying that they have no intentions of altering the programatic change. Has anyone discovered a workaround as the program and T588M are clearly working in conflict of each other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP just rereleased the correction contained in this note this morning (12/11/2007) adding in a check for their additional code to only run against Subtype 1. We are applying this today and do not know if there will be additional repercussions. However, based on what we saw, this should correct the issue on emergency address...but will need to proceed with some negative testing on all subtypes in use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JLM,

Could you possibly let me know the OSS note number? Also was the issue fixed with applying that note?

We are now on SAPKE50041 and the issue still exists, any hints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one any clue??