cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure which storage type received stock goes to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've looked through all configuration I can find; inspection types, control keys, storage types, movement types, etc. I can't find the configuration that determines which storage type in a warehouse that unrestricted stock (or inspection stock) goes to when it is received.

The reason I'm asking is that all of our unrestricted stock should go to GRW. One receipt recently went to GRV. This one SHOULD have gone to inspection, QAW. We don't know why it didn't, and can't print the transfer order that was generated, even with the standard SAP print program for transfer orders.

Message was edited by: Randy 11/28

Randy Poser

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think your question has been answered and I am on a mission to reduce the number of pages we have to access to see all of the issues and se if we can help

If you have what you need could you please close your question.

regards

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially when Goods receipt for an external PO is done and if the quality management is active for the material then the stock is posted to 902 Interm storage type with Q status only.

Then we can do putaway the stock into the warehouse storage type along with the Q status if the putaway strategy in SPRO is defined as below.

In Spro>> LE>> WM >> Strategies >> Activate sto type search

Whse Operator Ty ind Stk Cat WPC Ref Sto type

500 E 300 Q 0 0 300

So, Based on the Stk cat Q in the configuration automatically stock goes to storage type 300 with Q status.

To clear the Q status the QM should perform the inspection and record the result and the stock will be cnverted to unstricted.

This can be done even when the stock is lying in interim storage type 902 before putaway into whse.

I think I have cleared your doubt.

Thanks

Kum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wish people would not answer when they do not understand the system.

When you do your put away strategies in transaction OMLY on the putaway which is 'E' you create one for stock that is unrestricted by leaving the column that is headed 'stock category' blank this means that unrestricted stock will follow this route. Then copy that but in the stock category field put 'Q' and the stock that arrives on 'Q' will follow that route.

Very simple.

I hope that this helps and you can close this question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frenchy +8

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Check the strategy of storage type determination in SPRO->LE->WM->strategies

2)this is a config table where based on the warehouse number and shipment type(putaway or removal)storage type prefernece is given

3)Find a relevant entry for your warehouse number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is purely based on the movement type you use during Goods Receipt.

If you are using 101 movement type, it is mandatory that, the stock will go to un-restricted stock.

If you want to send the stock to Quality inspection, you need to activate the Quality Management, and create the inspection lot, and you need to post the inspection results etc. then only you will be able to convert the restricted stock from quality inspection to Un-restricted stock.

Hope it helps.

Aktar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want find the storage type based on the quality, then you habe to define a WM movement type for GR unrestricted use (eg. 101) and a second one for GR QI .(e.g.901)

Definition of movement types is twice in the LE -> WM path, once beneath activities and a second time beneath the knot interfaces.

Definition of movement types beneath activities is the right one to define the different WM movement types and to assign the (from) storage type for stock that is posted in WM using this movement type.

Then you need to make sure that your movements types will be found by SAP if you do a GR in inventory management. For this you need the second Definition of movement types beneath the knot interfaces.

There you define a reference movement type and assign it to the IM movement type. Eg. 101 to 101.

Then you define the interface like this

ref WM Movement type 101 with blank stock status assign to 101 WM movement type

ref WM Movement type 101 with quality stock status assign to 901 WM movement type.

then everything shall work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found all this configuration, and I can see that it refers to a source storage type of 902 IN-ZONE for movement type 101. However, I still can't see why some material gets received into GRW, some goes into QAW, and some goes to GRV. I've looked through inspection plans, storage type searches, etc, but nothing refers to GRW, QAW, or GRV. Thanks for the reply though. Do you have any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in material master WM1 view for each material in the storage strategies section there is a field by the name of stock placement.

According to the stock placement strategy mentioned in material master the strategy sequence of storage type will be determined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but maybe I should give up on this question. None of the stock placement strategies configured in SAP for warehouse 100 refer to any of the locations where material is going upon goods receipt. None of the warehouse movements do either. This is why I'm confused. I think it may be time to start checking for a user exit that may have been created before I started working here.

The new warehouse I've created recently appears to behave correctly (or to put it another way, it behaves in a way that I can understand), but the original warehouse 100, the main warehouse, is a bit strange.