cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding not effected until a version is created !

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem that whenever I modify the binding in the definition of an active workflow, the binding are not effected unless I create a new version in the dev client.

In the testing client (in the same system), there were workflows which are still in the status 'in process' or 'ready'. but I dont need those workflows anymore.

is it necessary to delete all these pending workflows in all clients for the new binding to take effect ? I'm creating n number of versions in dev client unnecessarily.

whether I'm missing any config settings ?

please avoid copy past from 'sap help'.

regards,

Sudhahar R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever you change workflow, please execute transaction SWU_OBUF afterwards, and only after that test your workflow. And yes, you are creating n number of versions in dev client unnecessarily.

If you have some "pending" workflows in testing client, should have anything to do with the possible problem. But please note that if you change your workflow, and test that with workflows which were already running before the change, these workflows are running with the old version => your new bindings have not effect. They only work (or do not work) in the new version.

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Karri, I did run SWU_OBUF everytime I modify the workflow definition. and I did it in all the clients.

This is really annoying as I have to delete all the running workflows and deactivate the event linkage to prevent triggering new workflow whenever I modify the workflow definition.

I tried generating runtime versions also which didn't help.

Is there anything I can do without deleting the running workflows ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhahar R

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all.. SWU_OBUF usually works.. so try waiting for sometime in case its not working for you instantly.

Secondly I don`t understand the need of deleting running instances of workflow. If you are creating a version and testingm, it is the new version thats gets executed and it considers the new bindings. So you don`t need to delete running WFs just test ur new workflow and as adviced before try not to make versions as you don`t need them. Just run SWU_OBUF and wait !!

Regards

Anuj Sethi

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

If SWU_OBUF is working for you, it's fine :-). but please understand that that I've tried all the possibilities of activating the modified workflow definition. I still end up running the same old workflow prior to the modification, and nothing got changed. thats why I tried deleting all the running instances expecting that it may cause mismatch.but it didnt help.

the new modifications are effected "ONLY WHEN I CREATE NEW VERSION"

Am I clear now ?

did anybody encountered this problem ?

Thanks & Regards

Sudhahar R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found out the problem myself..

Eventhough you generate & activate the runtime environment,

it again has to be generated in the testing client.

Thanks & regards,

Sudhahar R.