cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A strange behaviour of BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have a task to transmit and trasform two messages of two sender file adapter to two IDOCs messages and then to send them to SAP system.

The file messages comes asynchronously in XI. Because I use BPM.

I've created two Receive Steps and put them in Fork Step on the different branches. Then I've added two Transformation Steps - one per Receive Step. Also I've added two Send Steps in the same manner as Transformation Step. It works fine and IDOCs fall into SAP.

But as soon as I remove Send Steps from the Fork Step and just put them after the Fork none of IDOCs go out from BPM. there is nothing at all. I don't understand why it happens.

I need to put away Send Steps from Fork (and later Transformation Steps too) and make IDOCs go out from BPM.

Explain me how to do this?

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers!

I've fullfilled your recomendations and corrected my BPM process. But it doesnt work yet.

At first I try to explain my task in details.

Yes, I receive two messages from two different file systems ( I use two sender file adapter for this). I need to transfom the first mesage to IDOC1 and combining both of the messages to get IDOC2 and finally to send both of IDOCs to different SAP systems.

What I've done in BPM.

1) Because of the messages come in XI in different time I use the Fork1 Step and correlation for Receive Steps.

2) For IDOC1 I use Transformation Step (1:1 mapping)

3) Because of I need to combine two messages to get IDOC2 I use N:1 Mapping Transformation Step.

3) I've created two Send Steps (for IDOC1 and IDOC2 accordingly) and put them in the Fork Step.

How it looks like:

BPM ( BeginFork( Branch1: ReceiveStep1->TransformationStep1(ToIdoc1) >SendStep1(Idoc1), Branch2: (ReceiveStep2 ->TransformationStepMulti2(ToIdoc2), SendStep2, Correlation1)EndFork ) EndBPM.

In SXMB_MONI I see only outbound file messages. I dont't see any Idocs messages.

Please help to resolve this problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

You cannot use sequential receiving from File Adapter unless you have a correlation maintained for the next receive, also you have to make sure the second adapter runs after the first adapter has picked the file, because you BPM object gets created by the first receive message, if second message is received without the first message, it will not be linked to BPM process which is happening in your case.

regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But as soon as I remove Send Steps from the Fork Step and just put them after the Fork none of IDOCs go out from BPM

well are u combining the two messages from the file system and sending outside?

if yes,then you need N:1 transformation step as well before the send step.

could you please explain what exactly you want to do inside BPM and how you are achieving it.

Thanx

Aamir