cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different tax account assigment for the same TaxCodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to create different tax account assigment for different countries with the same Chart of Accounts for the same TaxCodes. As I found in trx FTXP TaxCodes are created on Country level, but account assignment in OB40 is done on TaxCode level (not Country). So, I could have the same TaxCode "V2" in both countries, but I can't have different account assigment for them, is this correct? If yes, does it mean that the only way to have different account assigment is to create unique TaxCodes for both countries in Client? Is there any other possibility to have the same TaxCodes, but different target accounts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor

Hi Philipp,

The dependancies for the account assignment are:-

i) Chart of accounts

ii) Tax Code (optional )

iii) Transaction.

The only options therefore to have 2 countries posting to different accounts is to have one of the dependancies be different.

In your example , as long as the transaction used within the code is different it can post to different accounts.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction FTXP, choose country for which you want to maintain tax code, enter tax code and process it through Tax accounts button. You will have no problems to assign account if you have same tax code for two different countries

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Go to transaction FTXP, choose country for which you

> want to maintain tax code, enter tax code and process

> it through Tax accounts button. You will have no

> problems to assign account if you have same tax code

> for two different countries

I've tried this before, but unsuccessfully. When I changed tax account for UA, it was automatically changed for RU. So, it is taken from the same place. Moreover, when I checked source table for accounts, I've found that accounts is taken from T030K. The primary key for this table is Chart of Accounts, Transaction Key, TaxCode. So, seems no way to differentiate by Country or Company Code.

But I still believe that it's quite logical to have differenet accounts for taxes in different countries (or Company Codes) for the same tax code. Possibly this requires a bit deeper configuration than just setup in FTXP. Could you please advise how are you able to have same tax code with different accounts for different countries?

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philipp,

can you check the country-tax schema assignment for RU and UA? Table T005-KALSM.

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Philipp,

>

> can you check the country-tax schema assignment for

> RU and UA? Table T005-KALSM.

>

> ec

They are different: TAXRU and TAXUA correspondingly. But structure (Control Data, Condition Types, Activity Keys etc.) is the same. I believe they were fully copied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction OY01 and check definitions for countries RU and UA(which procedure is assigned to country). Next step is check your company codes which country is assigned to them.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Go to transaction OY01 and check definitions for

> countries RU and UA(which procedure is assigned to

> country). Next step is check your company codes which

> country is assigned to them.

TAXRU and TAXUA correspondingly. Ukraine and Russian company codes assigned to UA and RU country keys correspondingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

finally have you received the solution for this.

i am facing same issue now.

Justin

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Philipp,

"but account assignment in OB40 is done on TaxCode level "

No! account assigment is on chart of account level

"So, I could have the same TaxCode "V2" in both countries, but I can't have different account assigment for them, is this correct?"

NO! For example: You have V2 in Germany and France as well, in FTXP you maintain these tax codes separately, that means you can assign different G/L accounts to these tax codes (even in the same chart of account). just do the assignment in FTXP!

hope this helps

ec