Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS adapter webspehere mq, network failure -> stop

otto_frost4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

After a network failure the JMS sender adapter (JMS --> XI) goes red, and doesn't automatically recover after a network failure. It is necessary to manually stop and start the adapter. This is bad design from SAP. You would like it to behave like the ftp adapter which automatically continues to poll for files after a network outage.

What can be done to overcome this bad design?

I'm on XI SP 18.

My Idea is to use the new AAM described in

SAP Note 766332

1. com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.cpa: Channel-related interfaces and APIs

2. com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.monitoring: Monitoring interfaces and APIs

3. com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.i18n: Localization interfaces and APIs

I would like to write a standard j2se application to connect using jndi to list the status of the channels, and then stop and start depending on status.

Which jar files should be included?

Example code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

otto_frost4
Participant
0 Kudos

Upgrading the drivers to Websphere MQ 6.0 seems to solve the problem.

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>What can be done to overcome this bad design?</i>

I have seen a similar problem at a project I am involved with. The JMS adapter does not automatically recover connections to a Tibco EMS system after network failures. After various options were tried out, SAP consultants were called onsite and they recommended moving up to SP20. This also has not worked.

The issue is still being investigated by them. If I get any answers that work, I will post it on this site for you.

Regards

Manish

otto_frost4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have now built a workaround solution based on the AAM API.

It is implemented as a J2EE stateless session bean and a J2EE client. The client reads config with information about which channels to restart and calls the bean which checks status on the channels and restarts the ones with errors or in a stopped state. We schedult the program to run every 5 minutes and check the status.

Check the channelstatus.jsp for hints on how to use the api.

It's a pity SAP hasn't got this functionality builtin, it's clearly a design error.

/Otto

Edited by: Otto Frost on Dec 18, 2007 4:32 PM

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

This is an interesting workaround. Thanks for the idea

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Probably one more suggestion to SAP could be to have restart feature in Adapter Framework where if for some reason (not network failure , obvioulsy in this case adapter should restart automatically) , adapter goes in hung state, there should be some standard mechanism to restart the adapter automatically..This feature is available in TIBCO, but i am sure whether same is the case with SAP XI.

Ranjeet Singh.