Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update ATAB ( using an authorised method ) :-) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In order to perform mass test on our SAP Oracle Database, I'd like to update ATAB. ( We choose this table because of hexadecimal data ).

How can I do that ? ( LSMW, ... on what objects ? )

THX,

Erwan

5 REPLIES 5

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ATAB is a Pool tables (data from many tables, stored in same cluster)

<i><b>Pooled and Cluster Tables</b>

Table pools (pools) and table clusters (clusters) are special table types in the ABAP Dictionary.

The data from several different tables can be stored together in a table pool or table cluster.

Tables assigned to a table pool or table cluster are referred to as pooled tables or cluster tables.

A table pool or table cluster should be used exclusively for storing internal control information

(screen sequences, program parameters, temporary data, continuous texts such as

documentation). All data of commercial relevance is stored exclusively in transparent tables!</i>

Use Where used from SE11 to find the table that use this pool (there are many)

You will find many SYSTEM and CUSTOMIZING table in here, so i would advise you not to use this table.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond & thx for your reply.

In fact, we are implementing a replication software ( replication of Oracle DB to another one ), so we need to make some mass update to test if our software can handle all changes.

If we choose ATAB, this is because this table contains HEX data, can be interesting testing that.

0 Kudos

This table is "Custo/System", can you try to use another cluster/pool table like RFBLG (which contain BSEG items of financial documents, easy to fill through most FI transactions, LSMW or BAPI)

Regards

0 Kudos

Yes I know, but what I'd like to test, is the replication of data store under Hexadecimal format.

Thx anyway

0 Kudos

No problem RFBLG is in hexadecimal data, exactly like ATAB. When Abap reads data from a table that use the pool, data is mapped to individual records.

- Hexadecimal data in actual database (here Oracle)

- Classical data in table-viewed from program.

Regards