cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logistics Invoice Verification, Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am busy with setting up MIRO. At this moment SAP is posting the invoice with the field Business Area, with the value "0001". However the functionality Business Area is not customized. Therefore SAP generates an error. It looks like SAP is taken somewhere a default value for the field Business Area. And because BA 0001 is not set up, SAP shows an error. For further processing I can skip the content of the field BA and SAP is posting the invoice. But the point is: Where can I find the settings in which SAP is putting a default value for the field BA during the transaction MIRO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use in T.Code:OMJ7 and Link plant and division to your bussiness area .

If helpful & then reward.

Regards,

Biju K

Message was edited by:

Bijay Kumar Barik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, sorry for the late reaction, I got this solution from another collegue, but thanks for the solution,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Now, globally most of the big implementations are not using business area determination for internal reporting purposes. CO/PA is best fit and useful; this made business area as redundant....If you talk to any of your CO experts in your organization, they can help you...Then, you wouldn't even require to assign business area to process transactions....no more errors will pop-up..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala, this not the answer on my question. I am still why SAP is not skipping Bussiness Area, because CO is a much better tool. The answer which I was looking for was transactioncode OMJ7. In this transaction someone was so "kind" to fill in a BAcode. Therefore my request for help. Thanks a lot for your reaction. This was my first question on the forum and it is very nice to see that people give response on my question

Regards, Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

I am sure, my answer was not exactly for the question you have but for an improvised solution. I, in general, do not repeat answer already given by others. As I have already noticed the config part of business area is addressed by some one else, I thought of providing you additional input on how the major implementations are goving away from usage of Business Area. That was my intention. I keep providng inputs differently and more practically how it has been going with most of the implementations where I worked....So, that was the intent and perhaps, I have configured this business area stuff atleast 10s of times so far. Anyway, I will take care of not answering in future, which is not questioned.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Business area basicaly is assigned to the plant/valuation area and to the division.

here is path

IMG --> Enterprises Structure --.>Assignment --> Logistic -General --> Assign business area to Plant/Valuation area/ Division .

Here you can check your business area relative settings

Hope this will help you

Regards

Vivek

-- Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks al lot, This was indeed the solution, I couldn't find this part of the IMG