cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't use capital letters for your system users :D

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very sad story who happened to a friend of a friend:

Connecting a SAP CRM and an RP 2005 to a PI 7.0 I became fool with an RFC destination.

Testing the same RFC destination in RP 2005 and in the CRM; in RP the connection was fine, but in the CRM it does not worked at all. I tried to change the password many times, delete and create the connection, but it didn't work.

When I was considering the autoinmolation against the servers I finally fall in the possible mistake: my CRM is not the newest one,it had an old version and wasn't case sensitive. My password had capital letters. So that's why it worked fine with the RP(The newest RP and quite case sensitive) and not with my poor and old CRM.

Then, the moral: Don't use capital letters for you PI system passwords above all if you connect with some old Backend...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

thank you for sharing the info.

But i think we have to use the Capital letters for password....

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Yes, in fact you have to use uppercases and numbers in your paswords for RFC destinations. The point is that if you connect a case sensitive system (like PI 7.0) and a non case sensitive system (older than Netweaver 2004S) you have to pay attention. I apologize for the misunderstood, it would be attributed to the emotion of having something to apport to the community.

The tittle must have been <b>Don't use lowercases for your system users passwords </b>

Regards

Gonzalo

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

Yes, You are right.... It happens...

You done a good job dude...

Cheers!!!!

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nice information.

Would have been very difficult to track this problem ..

Thanks

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my experience with the issue...

The new NW 2004s (NW 7.0) WebAS systems allow case sensitive passwords. However the older ones don't. All communications from older systems to newer systems via RFC automatically transmit the passwords in uppercase. So when you want to connect an older ERP / CRM system to PI, the passwords in PI should be all uppercase.

Since we have a mixed landscape, to keep things simple, we have started creating all passwords in uppercase.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. You have to avoid lowercases. Anyway, for prevent confusions, in my sistem users I used numeric passwords

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice Exp. Gonzalo...

thanx for sharing it with us..:-)

Regards,